Saw dawgstudents tweet about this: Cart Narcs

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Man that guy is awesome.

I wonder what the correlation is between people who do/don’t return their cats regularly and people who are/are not successful/happy

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
I don't know who's worse, the person leaving a cart in the middle of a parking lot or the person who gets so upset about it they have to rant about it on the internet.

Reactions: Yeti and BELdog

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Man that guy is awesome.

I wonder what the correlation is between people who do/don’t return their cats regularly and people who are/are not successful/happy
I’m a little slow. Somebody spoon feed me. Am I to understand that the fat bastard in the first part of the video (in the parking lot) is the same fat bastard in the news who shot someone?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’m a little slow. Somebody spoon feed me. Am I to understand that the fat bastard in the first part of the video (in the parking lot) is the same fat bastard in the news who shot someone?
Hahaha I didn’t make it that far but it appears so.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Instead of being silly and putting magnets on the cars, why doesn’t he just move it to directly behind them so they have to get out and move it with a quick bird finger? I guess that’s not as good of content.

It is certainly self centered, narcissistic and completely lazy as hell but this is a little much.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’m shocked that guy has not been shot or beat up really badly yet… but I do support his mission. I don’t care if you are one of these guys who thinks “someone is paid to pick up the carts” it’s just inconsiderate to leave a cart in the middle of a parking lot. Today at the Kroger in Madison, I watched a probably mid 60’s to 70 year old man spend 5 minutes getting a cart up on a curb when the cart return was 2 spaces away. It’s mind blowing that some just refuse to push the cart to the return.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Do you get a discount for returning your cart? No I checked my self out and bagged my groceries. No discount for that either. F that you want the cart come get it where I left it
This is exactly why I let the door slam into the old couple walking behind me on my way out of Chick-Fil-A last night. No discount opportunity for holding it for them.

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Instead of being silly and putting magnets on the cars, why doesn’t he just move it to directly behind them so they have to get out and move it with a quick bird finger? I guess that’s not as good of content.

It is certainly self centered, narcissistic and completely lazy as hell but this is a little much.
Some of the guys have done that, I think that is what they used to always do but people would push them out of the way so maybe they were worried about it hitting another car?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Do you get a discount for returning your cart? No I checked my self out and bagged my groceries. No discount for that either. F that you want the cart come get it where I left it
Do you get charged for using the cart? No? Then maybe you need to pay to use the cart and return it where you got it and then maybe you'll get a discount. 1688442233396.gif

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I always return the cart-especially when it is 100 degrees outside. Just common courtesy. Now, I refuse to shop at WalMart, but if I did I would never return the cart under any circumstances-but I shop at the local Piggly Wiggly and those guys have to work their asses off to get those carts back in the building….

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
Yup

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It's all cool until someone else does it while you are in the store and the wind blows it into the side of your vehicle. I am not going to say I have never done it because I have but I usually put the cart inside the rack. I do wish the Kroger in Brandon would have some racks further out. If they made them more accessible probably more would be put in them.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I don't know who's worse, the person leaving a cart in the middle of a parking lot or the person who gets so upset about it they have to rant about it on the internet.
It is obviously the guy who is so important, that they cannot put the cart back in the space they all know it should go. 17 people that do not return carts.

I once shamed an 50 something old lady once she abandoned her cart at the Starkville Small Wal-mart parking lot. Soon as she let go of the handle parking it against a curb, I ran over there from like 50 feet away yelling, "DON'T WORRY LADY, I DO NOT WORK HERE BUT I WILL PUT YOUR CART UP. GET INTO YOUR LEXUS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY WHILE I, WHO DO NOT WORK HERE, WILL PUT UP YOUR CART 20 feet away."

I kept telling her, You are so special, you don't have to put up carts. Don't worry lady, I will do your job for you.

She look dumbfounded. I kept it up for maybe 45 seconds as I walked back to my truck. I should have lightly pushed it into her car on the way by, but I didn't.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Hell, not only do I always put mine up, I actually grab one from the cart bin on the way through the parking lot on my way in. Cause if everyone did that, some kid wouldn't have to go out and collect them.

Reactions: GloryDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Hell, not only do I always put mine up, I actually grab one from the cart bin on the way through the parking lot on my way in. Cause if everyone did that, some kid wouldn't have to go out and collect them.
Don't get me wrong because I agree and have done exactly what you have done but on the other hand leaving the cart is job security for that kid.*****

• Haha
Reactions: ChinaDawgSunflower

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Do you go through your entire life with no regard for how your actions impact others? Wide open throttle in a no wake zone kind of guy?

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Don't get me wrong because I agree and have done exactly what you have done but on the other hand leaving the cart is job security for that kid.*****
No its not. That kid would have the same job, but he wouldn't have to go and hunt all over 500 parking spaces for carts, wasting his time and driving the cost of business up.
Who knows, maybe that kid would have time to help bag up some groceries or maybe help someone find something in the store.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012

Some of the Car Narcs have employed that method before lol

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
It's all cool until someone else does it while you are in the store and the wind blows it into the side of your vehicle. I am not going to say I have never done it because I have but I usually put the cart inside the rack. I do wish the Kroger in Brandon would have some racks further out. If they made them more accessible probably more would be put in them.
Happened to me at the old Kroger at County Line and Old Canton in early '97. Employees chilling in the parking lot, not doing anything to gather carts after 10PM one night as a storm started to come in. The winds kicked up as my wife and I were getting out of the car, and they blew a stray cart from 50-60 feet away right into the side of my new car. Did over $500 of damages that Kroger refused to take any blame for the incident, even though four of their worthless employees were standing around watching the carts blow around.

Haven't shopped at a Kroger since that day. 17'em and the lazy SOBs that couldn't put their cart in the cart return.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
You can’t be serious?

If you are, you need a reality check.

HuskyBDawg

Nov 26, 2017
Speaking of reality checks, I was a little surprised when @LordMcBuckethead referred to a 50-something-year-old woman as an "old lady." When did 50-something get considered "old?" After a pause of sobering thought, I then asked myself "when did you stop thinking 50-something is old?"

Also, when did ya'll start calling grocery buggies "carts?"

Reactions: Darryl Steight

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
When I still shop I always try to return it even if I have to walk down to the far end of the lot where I had to park instead of the handicapped parking spots where so many people who seed to be able-bodied need to park.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
When I still shop I always try to return it even if I have to walk down to the far end of the lot where I had to park instead of the handicapped parking spots where so many people who seed to be able-bodied need to park.
Talk about the worst of the worst.

When I see a perfectly able bodied person get park at a handicap spot and they have a damn handicap tag, it actually does trigger me.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login