Sawyer out

Chucksizzle

Dec 17, 2022
They are going to need to bring in running qbs who are bigger to play in a Briles RPO system. Parson isn’t in that mold Either.

Reactions: cytubb

Chucksizzle

Dec 17, 2022
We will see, I will be surprised if Parson sticks around. He wants to play in a pass first system. i don’t think he ever visited Arkansas.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Probably can't blame the guy but it could end up being kick in his nuts if they go to a offense that matches his QB style.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Maybe if CML had used Sawyer for more that a few random snaps during the year.................

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We will see, I will be surprised if Parson sticks around. He wants to play in a pass first system. i don’t think he ever visited Arkansas.

Again, he signed the dotted line not knowing a thing about what the offense would be like in 2023. He could have signed elsewhere, or he could have at least waited until the February period to see how things shook out with our offense, and no one would have faulted him a bit. But he chose to go ahead and come. That’s a guy who is committed to MSU and not any particular coach or system.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Again, he signed the dotted line not knowing a thing about what the offense would be like in 2023. He could have signed elsewhere, or he could have at least waited until the February period and no one would have faulted him a bit. But he chose to go ahead and come. That’s a guy who is committed to MSU and not any particular coach or system.
I think he had a pretty good idea who the new OC was going to be when he signed. If not knew for a fact.

Reactions: mo7888

Chucksizzle

Dec 17, 2022
Wait, are you implying that CML knew more about QB evaluation and prep than SPS posters?

View attachment 292778
I don’t think Sawyer lacks talent based on one series or that Leach can’t evaluate a qb, the fact is Briles is bringing in a run heavy RPO offense and those guys don’t fit and realize that.

I think Parson came to play for Leach and the air raid as much as Locke and Robertson. It’s not all bad. A lot of the fanbase wants a running offense and there are good running q bs in the portal.

just a transition period is Going to be needed. I think you have to retool the o line , all of the young o lineman were recruited as pass blockers. I expect some of the receivers to hit the portal as well. Briles throws the ball but uses much less receivers in the rotation.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Let me be the first to admit I lack even the slightest well informed opinion on players I haven't really ever seen play or practice.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
With the exception of needing a mobile quarterback if you are running an offense that requires the quarterback read the defense and to run the ball if that is the best play, I don't buy the whole "transition period". At the end of the day its just going to come down to talent and the quality of the coaching.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Briles is not quite as stuck on running QBs as you guys make it out to be. He is capable of adjusting to what strengths his players have. He is not Dan Mullen.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Locke and Robertson came to MSU primarily because of Leach. They were most likely leaving regardless of who became the OC.

Moose and Greek did too. All 4 Texas QBs came on the heals of the Dak Prescott era hoping to be the next Dak and thought Leach would get them there. Well, hope Will comes back next year. Otherwise, we're breaking in a QB with ZERO experience.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login