Say it with me

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
We are a baseball school
Mississippi State baseball: Chris Lemonis talks 12-4 victory over Long  Beach State - Sports Illustrated Mississippi State Football, Basketball,  Recruiting, and More

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Every one that is mad about football right now. Why? I am ecstatic about what has happened over the past few weeks. Are we going to challenge Bama and UGA? Hell no. Are going to have a winning record next year? Probably not. But considering how bad things were just about a month ago, I would say our current staff is doing a hell of a job. Anyone that was expecting us to all of a sudden become a playoff team needs to take a deep breath. I strongly suspect if our neighbors up north weren’t doing as well there wouldn’t be near as much hand wringing

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Every one that is mad about football right now. Why? I am ecstatic about what has happened over the past few weeks. Are we going to challenge Bama and UGA? Hell no. Are going to have a winning record next year? Probably not. But considering how bad things were just about a month ago, I would say our current staff is doing a hell of a job. Anyone that was expecting us to all of a sudden become a playoff team needs to take a deep breath. I strongly suspect if our neighbors up north weren’t doing as well there wouldn’t be near as much hand wringing
There is no doubt that it has everything to do with Ole Miss having success. It should be encouraging, but instead we are inundated daily with smooth brain takes about how we are finished as a program.

Reactions: AFDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
You’re confusing quantity with quality. Between portal & high school, we have 2 4* players and 27 3* players. 3* is the minimum for a P4 school. We are getting boat races by everyone. Next few years will make Croom years look not so bad.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
You’re confusing quantity with quality. Between portal & high school, we have 2 4* players and 27 3* players. 3* is the minimum for a P4 school. We are getting boat races by everyone. Next few years will make Croom years look not so bad.
Nope. I’m not. But considering our head coach was handed the controls of a plane out of fuel and about to hit a mountain I’m not sure what everyone expected

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nope. I’m not. But considering our head coach was handed the controls of a plane out of fuel and about to hit a mountain I’m not sure what everyone expected
This is about what I expected. Damage control this year. I didn’t like the hire, but we can’t judge it based on next fall. We will suck. Bad. But the real test will be next year recruiting & 2025 on the field.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
This is about what I expected. Damage control this year. I didn’t like the hire, but we can’t judge it based on next fall. We will suck. Bad. But the real test will be next year recruiting & 2025 on the field.
That’s it. Now if we take the field and look like we have never played football before? I’m out

Reactions: patdog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Agree. It’s one thing to be outmanned. But if we look like an Arnett team, it’s even worse than I thought.
I knew watching the spring game. Surely Lebby will have them looking sharper than the lineman and receivers constantly running into each other.

Reactions: patdog

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008

Agree. It’s one thing to be outmanned. But if we look like an Arnett team, it’s even worse than I thought.
I just don’t understand why folks are so over emotional and think Lebby was such a bad hire. Do you think Chadwell or Fritz would be doing a better job right now?

Reactions: paindonthurt

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I really don't understand why you guys are getting so wound up about doing poorly recruiting. It Isn't as if we just came off of fantastic season and have a hot coaching staff. I think it's gonna matter more what we do next year, or at least how we look on the field as to whether we can expect to recruit the players we want. I don't think this season is going to be all that easy. I'm not saying we should give up and take what we can expect to get because we're Mississippi State, but Deere Lowered, it's getting old hearing how we're not meeting some kind of lofty standards with nothing to sell. recruiting has become a matter of dollars now anyway and it's gonna take us some time to put together a decent fund to pull from.

Reactions: Ranchdawg and 8dog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I just don’t understand why folks are so over emotional and think Lebby was such a bad hire. Do you think Chadwell or Fritz would be doing a better job right now?
I think we needed a coach with experience as a head coach. Not a fan of Fritz and Chadwell was probably out of our range financially. But a Clay Helton or a Tom Herman would have been a much safer hire. As it is, we have an AD and a head football coach who are learning on the job (but think they know everything) in the SEC at the most critical time in our modern history. Not a recipe for success.

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
I think we needed a coach with experience as a head coach. Not a fan of Fritz and Chadwell was probably out of our range financially. But a Clay Helton or a Tom Herman would have been a much safer hire. As it is, we have an AD and a head football coach who are learning on the job (but think they know everything) in the SEC at the most critical time in our modern history. Not a recipe for success.
Clay Helton a safer hire? Might want to go tell Ga Southern that they’re on the cusp of greatness after his back to back 6-7 (3-5) seasons there. There’s nothing in his resume that indicates he would be any safer than Lebby. At least with Lebby we have the prospect of lightning in a bottle. Helton, not so much. Couldn’t do anything with a distinct advantage in conference at USC and isnt doing it now. Same for Herman.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
I think unrealistic expectations by fans on message boards on what Lebby would be able to pull together for a staff and the type of talent he would be able to bring in for his offense combined with how well the Bearsharks are doing in the primary method of the day to take the next step up is what is driving the consternation!

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
To turn this thing around, don't forget about the money, lots of it. 17 the Supreme Court.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
The Lebby hire (up and coming OC) was about what I expected. However, that coupled with two coordinators that have never been coordinators before and were both position coaches just a few weeks ago did not inspire confidence. With seasoned DCs available, the Hutzler hire reeked of desperation.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The Lebby hire (up and coming OC) was about what I expected. However, that coupled with two coordinators that have never been coordinators before and were both position coaches just a few weeks ago did not inspire confidence. With seasoned DCs available, the Hutzler hire reeked of desperation.
It reeked of defense being an afterthought. After the overwhelming success of a young, inexperienced coaching staff who thought they knew everything last year, our young, inexperienced AD has hired another young, inexperienced coaching staff. This concerns me. It looks like deja vu all over again, especially the defensive coaching staff hires compared to last year's coaching staff hires.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login