Say it with me

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
At the moment State isn’t much of baseball school either.
Eh, we still are. All about potential. Our NIL goes further there, and we're still recruiting at an elite level. It's all about program potential, not what we've done in the immediate past.

We also won a national title the year before the bad years. It's all relative.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
So you're stating NCAA tourney is not possible? Sure, Southern loss hurts but have you watched the team? Do you understand basketball? Sports? Have you not seen baseball @ MSU since the Natty?
Also, the term "basketball" encapsulates women's basketball too.

So, yes...Mississippi State is a basketball school currently.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So you're stating NCAA tourney is not possible? Sure, Southern loss hurts but have you watched the team? Do you understand basketball? Sports? Have you not seen baseball @ MSU since the Natty?
Also, the term "basketball" encapsulates women's basketball too.

So, yes...Mississippi State is a basketball school currently.
Would not go that far. Have to compete consistently and be among the best programs on campus to get that distinction.

We are much closer (or were under Shaffer) to being that in women's basketball school than men's. We still simply don't support the program at the level needed. Our fanbase would rather deer hunt.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't expect many if any more wins in football. What I do expect is to see improvement i.e. hustle, intensity from all 11 players on the field not just a few, passes not being dropped, coverages not being blown, good clock management, consistency i.e. don't go for it on your own 40 then punt from the opponents 40, you know, just basic good football. With that, more games are winnable but if we don't upgrade those basic things, it's Croom time again

patdog

May 28, 2007
Most people that speak this way of the Croom years didn't sit in the stands as we lost to Maine or lost 45-0 in Oxford. I watched both in person as well as most home games in between.
I hope neither of those happens next fall. But they certainly could. Especially the second one.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Baseball doesn’t move the needle, nobody cares. Good, bad, or great, it doesn’t matter.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
So you're stating NCAA tourney is not possible? (Which part of the ***** did you misread?)

Sure, Southern loss hurts but have you watched the team? Do you understand basketball? Sports? Have you not seen baseball @ MSU since the Natty? (Wow -- have I touched a nerve? Feel the need to be a condescending keyboard jockey?)

Also, the term "basketball" encapsulates women's basketball too. (Don't trip over your "Title IX Champion" belt)

So, yes...Mississippi State is a basketball school currently. (Only because that's the current season. Wait until March.)
Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
I hope neither of those happens next fall. But they certainly could. Especially the second one.
Anything can happen, but we'd have to be worse than the Croom years to "make them not look so bad." I don't expect us to set the world on fire, but I doubt seriously we'd be that bad.
Loose to Toledo, Eastern KY or UMass... I don't think so.
Get shut out by UM... I've been to the last 47 EB and only seen 3 shutouts. UM won 2 of those. With the last being the 08 Croom game. I don't see that happening either. Even the offensive guru JoMo and CZA managed to avoid getting shut out.

Reactions: paindonthurt

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You’re confusing quantity with quality. Between portal & high school, we have 2 4* players and 27 3* players. 3* is the minimum for a P4 school. We are getting boat races by everyone. Next few years will make Croom years look not so bad.
So you think we are gonna average 4.25 wins per year over the next 4 years?

Wanna bet?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Agree. It’s one thing to be outmanned. But if we look like an Arnett team, it’s even worse than I thought.
Well regardless of what you think Arnett wasn’t as bad as croom so slow your roll on the croom talk.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Accept reality. Or don’t, I don’t care
Yeah the reality is it’s awesome that you have zero say so in the athletic department.

Allocating more money to baseball vs football is the most idiotic thing you’ve said lately and that’s saying a lot.

first you nor the AD gets to decide that. At least as of now.

Second that’s like me taking my total factory budget of say $1 million and putting it all into something that generates 1% of my profit.

contributing 25% of my factory budget to that 1% would be dumb.

How much do you give to baseball NIL? Basketball?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023
We are a baseball school
It may take some time but I can see the effort and proactive approach our coaching staff is putting in and appreciate it. As far as recruiting I mean. It seems this staff is really working hard though and it won’t happen overnight but I do appreciate the effort and recruiting/transfers so far. I look forward to a bright future in the not so distant future. That being said yea we are normally good in baseball, I know Lemonis has a lot to prove this year. That much I’m sure of. I’m starting to feel better about FB let’s hope for the best as Leb and Co seem to be taking this seriously which I’m happy about 👍🏼

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Agree about fans, but the fact of the matter is MSU is most competitive in basketball over ALL other sports CURRENTLY.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login