Schaefer on Mississippi State...

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
If the heavily rumored reason that Schaefer left is true, you can't really blame Cohen. We're not going to risk getting in trouble with the Feds over women's basketball.
What were the odds the feds woulda given a schit? What % of AD's woulda taken the same route Cohen took? I rarely have inside info but I had a TCU Alum tell me Schloss told him he was taking the STATE job about 3 days before we found out otherwise. It was a one time meeting the dude but he wasn't happy about it and had absolutely no reason to BS me. All I know on why it didn't happen is what I've read here on The Pack. Cohen was too concerned about certain things that made him make decisions that hurt our Athletic Department.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
No and no.

Since you're a know it all on pretty much every other subject, I'm surprised you're digging for info.

So, he did in fact want to leave. Thanks. That was confusing….as it usually is when someone says the complete opposite of what happened, then reverses course in the very next reply.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Good thing he won big at Texas, proved his point that right

99jc

Jul 31, 2008
Everything he said points to him being happy at State. Then, he suddenly left like a thief in the night.

If he began to make unreasonable demands and suddenly bailed on his family dream home, that counts as "something happened".
they still have that home. post less

Big Dawg81

Oct 7, 2019
If the heavily rumored reason that Schaefer left is true, you can't really blame Cohen. We're not going to risk getting in trouble with the Feds over women's basketball.
All I heard is that Blair was having a relationship with one of her teammates

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I can’t believe we are still talking about a women’s basketball coach 4+ years later. Let it go
Yeah, I hate when people get stuck on one tertiary athletics department issue and can't get past it, "retire the banner".

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
He loved us so much he just had to leave to keep his heart from exploding.****

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login