Scott Davis brilliantly sums up the Beamer era

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
"South Carolina football in the Shane Beamer Era remains one of the most unpredictable, up-and-down, zig-zagging organizations in sports. We just don’t know what we’re getting from week to week from this team. We’ve called it the Roller Coaster, and I even nicknamed the phenomenon The Shane Beamer Experience – an always interesting, often entertaining, occasionally maddening and absolutely all over the place ride that never quite ends where you think it will. Call it what you will, but the only thing we know for sure about Gamecock football right now is that we aren’t sure about anything. Anything’s possible, nothing’s possible, everything’s possible."

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Ain't just Beamer. We've never been able to build on a surprise win, ever. Except for the Spurrier years when we expected to win every week.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
"South Carolina football in the Shane Beamer Era remains one of the most unpredictable, up-and-down, zig-zagging organizations in sports. We just don’t know what we’re getting from week to week from this team. We’ve called it the Roller Coaster, and I even nicknamed the phenomenon The Shane Beamer Experiencean always interesting, often entertaining, occasionally maddening and absolutely all over the place ride that never quite ends where you think it will. Call it what you will, but the only thing we know for sure about Gamecock football right now is that we aren’t sure about anything. Anything’s possible, nothing’s possible, everything’s possible."

I'm going to exercise some editing options for this article.

an always Interesting Curious
occasionally entertaing.
mostly maddening

NO, not anything is possible.

• Haha
Reactions: I4CtheFuture

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I read David Cloninger's write up today. Words in that column included: undisciplined, sloppy, disjointed mess, coaching staff problems and coaching longevity problems.

It is amazing to me that this university decided to put someone who has never even been an Offensive or Defensive Coordinator, much less Head Coach, into the SEC to get on-the- job training. I would have thought that by year 4, the training wheels would have come off.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Only possible good news - Shane definitely reads these things. He definitely knows he's on the hot seat with the fans now. He knows it's about to break one way or the other. If nothing changes from here on out : Bye. Thanks for trying, but Bye.

Sep 12, 2022
It is amazing to me that thisto put someone who has never even been an Offensive or Defensive Coordinator, much less Head Coach, into the SEC to get on-the- job training. I would have thought that by year 4, the training wheels would have come off.
The 'Peter Principal' is a management concept that states 'employees are eventually promoted to a level of incompetence'

BUT, if what if those 'employees' never had any experience? I.E., using football, was NEVER a HC at a lower level, was NEVER an Offensive Coordinator nor Defensive Coordinator, was NEVER a Backfield Coach or Head Line Coach? Isn't the Recruiting Coordinator the kid who collects the sweaty Jock Straps for his Father's team?

Beamer Ball??? ... HhMmm!

Tidalcock

Joined Aug 29, 2002
Jan 20, 2022
"South Carolina football in the Shane Beamer Era remains one of the most unpredictable, up-and-down, zig-zagging organizations in sports. We just don’t know what we’re getting from week to week from this team. We’ve called it the Roller Coaster, and I even nicknamed the phenomenon The Shane Beamer Experience – an always interesting, often entertaining, occasionally maddening and absolutely all over the place ride that never quite ends where you think it will. Call it what you will, but the only thing we know for sure about Gamecock football right now is that we aren’t sure about anything. Anything’s possible, nothing’s possible, everything’s possible."

Sort of like Forrest Gump’s box of chocolates——

HI Cock1

Joined Oct 14, 2012
Jan 22, 2022

One of Scott's best.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login