Scott Stricklin

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I would be irate. Seriously. We gave him his opportunity and he left us high and dry. He can wallow in it. 17 the traitor. We weren’t good enough then, so he can enjoy being in ULL athletic department or something.

I don’t want to be anyone’s safety net.

He can kick rocks.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
I’d be perfectly fine with bringing Stricklin back. What’s everyone else thoughts? Besides the fact he left us, when he was here we were doing amazing things!
I’d rather hire goat holder.

Sep 12, 2022
I’d be perfectly fine with bringing Stricklin back. What’s everyone else thoughts? Besides the fact he left us, when he was here we were doing amazing things!
Did you forget the **?

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012

Why? Assuming Cohen moves on to Auburn, our last four ADs have left for higher-prestige positions. LT (SEC front office), Byrne (Arizona -> Bama), Stricklin (Florida), Cohen (Auburn).

I say lean into it. There's no reason why we can't actually conduct a nationwide search this time and hire the best and brightest to come in with the assumption that if they improve po' ol' Mississippi State that they'll be poached by a school with a larger budget in a few years.

It's kind of embarrassing but as long as our Athletics program makes steady progress under some genius we hired outta bum-17 Egypt who gives a ****? We can just go out and hire another genius looking to step up.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Why? Assuming Cohen moves on to Auburn, our last four ADs have left for higher-prestige positions. LT (SEC front office), Byrne (Arizona -> Bama), Stricklin (Florida), Cohen (Auburn).

I say lean into it. There's no reason why we can't actually conduct a nationwide search this time and hire the best and brightest to come in with the assumption that if they improve po' ol' Mississippi State that they'll be poached by a school with a larger budget in a few years.

It's kind of embarrassing but as long as our Athletics program makes steady progress under some genius we hired outta bum-17 Egypt who gives a ****? We can just go out and hire another genius looking to step up.

Nothing embarrassing about it. Cohen was not discouraged from looking around. Some things went down the last couple months and we're fine with him leaving. He's been bad.

Reactions: Maroon13

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You have to take your emotions out of this. This is business. You can't equate this to a personal relationship. If you have an employee who did a good job for you, but left for what he thought was a better opportunity, then wanted to come back several years later, most wouldn't hold that against him. It happens all the time, providing no one burns bridges on the way out.

Heck I've been it more than once. I'm back with my original employer after leaving for what was a great opportunity. When my organization wanted me back (and I wanted to come back), no one held any hard feelings.

Last edited:

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Not "NO", but "HELL NO"!!! No way, no how!! Loafers burned his bridges the day he headed south for Florider!! He'd be like Merlinz - always looking for greener pastures.
I think many of us would have given him a chance, but the Mullen deal slammed that door shut forever. Hiring Ross Bjork for our AD would elicit less protest than bringing back Stricklin.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If we ever allowed Stricklin back in Starkville, we'd deserve everything that happened to us as a result.
Why bc he left here? That’s idiotic.

If he isn’t a good hire ok. If he’s a good hire and wants to come back, we’d be stupid not to take him.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

Attachments

• Lost your mind Yoda.jpg
    Lost your mind Yoda.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 2

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Why bc he left here? That’s idiotic.

If he isn’t a good hire ok. If he’s a good hire and wants to come back, we’d be stupid not to take him.
If he bails on Florida now he'll look like he can't take the pressure. Though I imagine he might want out of there because if Napier doesn't work out he's not gonna get the chance to hire a third coach

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I'd be perfectly fine never seeing his weasely a$$ in Starkville again. I'm not sure exactly how the whole Mullen situation played out, but I've been unable to forgive SS for that.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003

I don’t think LT left.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Strick did good here but when he moved to Florida then hired Mullen away that burned a lot of people. Plus he has been struggling at Florida. Times and colleges sports have changed. Time for new blood and somebody who understands the new sports business world. Get somebody that understands endorsements deals, nil, and sports business game day atmosphere and advertising your brand.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
You have to take your emotions out of this. This is business. You can't equate this to a personal relationship. If you have an employee who did a good job for you, but left for what he thought was a better opportunity, then wanted to come back several years later, most wouldn't hold that against him. It happens all the time, providing no one burns bridges on the way out.

Heck I've been it more than once. I'm back with my original employer after leaving for what was a great opportunity. When my organization wanted me back (and I wanted to come back), no one held any hard feelings.
But Stricklin didn't just do that. He poached our HC and took him as we were going into the next season with the highest legit hopes we have had in decades. He didn't just leave us...he gutted us for his own advancement, and in a lazy way, IMO.

If when you left your company for a competitor, you immediately turned around and hired away the top engineer responsible for nearly your entire product line & development there is no way they would take you back. Not unless they were complete idiots.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login