Scott Stricklin

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
But Stricklin didn't just do that. He poached our HC and took him as we were going into the next season with the highest legit hopes we have had in decades. He didn't just leave us...he gutted us for his own advancement, and in a lazy way, IMO.

If when you left your company for a competitor, you immediately turned around and hired away the top engineer responsible for nearly your entire product line & development there is no way they would take you back. Not unless they were complete idiots.

Mullen was gone regardless. He was taking the TN job had Strick not offered Florida. You can’t really blame him for poaching a coach that didn’t want to be here in the first place.

Reactions: msstatelp1

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Mullen was gone regardless. He was taking the TN job had Strick not offered Florida. You can’t really blame him for poaching a coach that didn’t want to be here in the first place.
I don't know why we have people that believe Stricklin "lured" Mullen away. Mullen was leaving. He gave us a big **** YOU and was out the door. Stricklin just took advantage of that fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: HamSammich

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
But Stricklin didn't just do that. He poached our HC and took him as we were going into the next season with the highest legit hopes we have had in decades. He didn't just leave us...he gutted us for his own advancement, and in a lazy way, IMO.

If when you left your company for a competitor, you immediately turned around and hired away the top engineer responsible for nearly your entire product line & development there is no way they would take you back. Not unless they were complete idiots.
Pretty sure Dan was out the door anyway, most speculate it would have been UT.

Reactions: msstatelp1

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Say what you want about Stricklin, but he got cowbells allowed at Scott Field. That was 100% his deal, and was driven by the relationships he built within the conference. He also did a great job promoting State, and he made "Hail State" a thing, which I never thought would work.

I'm not sure there is a scenario where he wants to come back and we also want him back. But we could do a lot worse.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
I don’t think LT left.
Well okay, he "left". He still landed on his feet in the SEC front office. I mean when we're recruiting a new AD I wouldn't mention the fact that 2 of our last 4 AD's were basically told to GTFO. You gotta spin it as a positive.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
I’d be perfectly fine with bringing Stricklin back. What’s everyone else thoughts? Besides the fact he left us, when he was here we were doing amazing things!
I am NOT perfectly fine with hiring an AD that left us for Florida and then pulled the best coach in Mississippi State Football history with him. Loafers can kick rocks, in his loafers.

Never - Ever.

Just wanted to get that on the record.

I love you all
GOJ

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login