Script State/Interlocking MSU Availability

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Also meanwhile, we are like that little brother always wishing and wanting to be like their cooler better big brother. So we came up with the idea to copy big brother by putting cursive script on our helmets just like them, and then branding it, just like them. Pathetic marketing idea. Sad and embarrassing.
Are you suggesting they are the first and only school to put a script logo on a helmet and own the rights?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Awww, look at your little penis syndrome. Grow some 17ing balls and stop whining like a OM sorority girl without her syrup. Some of you people are just gigantic puzzies that cry about everything. Nevermind Templeton took away our best logo for some ******** educational and sports combo that failed miserably. OM didnt create the script. Hell, it's not even the same damn thing as they use. And they copied Florida.
Have you noticed that your way has netted MSU very limited success over the years?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
He is suggesting that we copied Ole Miss.
I don't care for the &tate on football and even I don't see it that way.

It is a quintessential baseball jersey that many baseball teams college and pro have used on their jersey.

The baseball AD got a logo from the 1970s baseball jersey and wanted to use it exclusively.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't care for the &tate on football and even I don't see it that way.

It is a quintessential baseball jersey that many baseball teams college and pro have used on their jersey.

The baseball AD got a logo from the 1970s baseball jersey and wanted to use it exclusively.
I'm not saying I fully believe we copied Ole Miss, but it's conceivable, considering what we've done in the past. I mean we copied the Grove, and now we're attempting to copy their football program. And heck, these could all be good ideas, if they work. We almost kept Moorhead after the 2019 Egg Bowl, thank the Lord for the baseball AD.

But let's look more into that. I think we all agree that we wanted to lean into 'State', so it just depends on what kind. We've seen a lot of it over the years. I don't blame us for trying &tate on the helmet in 2022, it was worth a shot, plus we change up helmet logos all the time, it's not like you have to have that tradition. But it didn't look good. I'm not saying we have to use banner M-State on the helmet, I didn't particularly LOVE that either. Interlocking is probably the best helmet logo, honestly.

Facts are, banner M-State looks very good as the official school logo. And it can continue to be used on athletic things too, it only helps to have that consistency. Some may not like it, but we have almost 25 years with it now, much of it successful. It's already pointless to integrate another 'official' athletic logo, but even MORE idiotic to uproot the official university logo. And not only that, we replace it with a bad logo that didn't really work outside of baseball jerseys and some merch. We didn't learn anything from our success, so now we throw it all out the window.

And we continue to be Miss Stake.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login