Season Football Ticket Sells.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I have been season ticket holder for 12 years and follow seat selection every year. I swear there are more seats available than I have ever seen. Are sells down this season?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Costs are up, TV schedules not convenient, and people generally don't like NIL/portal type stuff. All this adds up to less people going to games, but more people sitting on their *** in recliners watching on TV. But, the people who do go to games, generally will pay for more convenient things, like club levels, etc. Weeding out the middle class, I guess.

Side note. I swear, man. All mfers want to do these days is watch TV.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I haven't heard any numbers and we probably won't until late summer but my time to upgrade was earlier today and there were certainly a lot more available than usual around me. I waited till the last minute to even renew mine this year but I think this will be the last year. I'm just over the whole transfer when you want to and pay to play scenario. I'm not into the whole announce through social media that you are thinking about leaving to milk more from NIL. I'm ok w/ paying them to come to a function to sign autographs, sell their jersey likenesses, do tv commercials, etc etc etc. but I'm not going to say here NIL, here's my money now give as much of it as you want to whomever you want and let them do whatever they want with it.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Costs are up, TV schedules not convenient, and people generally don't like NIL/portal type stuff. All this adds up to less people going to games, but more people sitting on their *** in recliners watching on TV. But, the people who do go to games, generally will pay for more convenient things, like club levels, etc. Weeding out the middle class, I guess.

The whole tv thing is going to keep getting worse too. I get it… TV money is what made this thing explode but attendance will keep suffering.

The NFL already will flex someone to a night game or Monday night late in the season but they are toying with the idea of a flex to Thursday night games. Imagine you’ve bought a flight and hotel months in advance for a Sunday game and 2 weeks before the game it gets moved to a Thursday.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
I renewed my tickets today and I'm in the lower sections on the east side. It seemed like the normal amount of seats available. One thing I did notice is there were absolutely no club level seats available. Normally there are enough available that I'm temped to upgrade to the scoreboard club.

In my opinion the reason why season ticket sales will continue to go down is because they have made fairly easy to transfer tickets. In the past we have bought tickets with another couple but they decided not to renew last year because now they can pick and choose they games they want to attend. Last year they got better tickets most of the time club level cheaper than if they bought season tickets.

Reactions: Maroon13

blackjackdog3

Aug 23, 2012
I’ve been a season ticket holder for more than 20 years. Every year I say I’m not going to buy them again. I agree it looks like there’s a lot of product available.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’ve been a season ticket holder for more than 20 years. Every year I say I’m not going to buy them again. I agree it looks like there’s a lot of product available.
I was a season ticket holder for over 20 years until last year. I’ll admit that there was one or two Saturdays that I missed them but I got the call this year to renew and didn’t hesitate to tell them no. I’m a bad fan!

Reactions: blackjackdog3

kired

Aug 22, 2008
In my opinion the reason why season ticket sales will continue to go down is because they have made fairly easy to transfer tickets. In the past we have bought tickets with another couple but they decided not to renew last year because now they can pick and choose they games they want to attend. Last year they got better tickets most of the time club level cheaper than if they bought season tickets.
I came close to doing that this year. We’ve got 5 tickets but me & my oldest son are the only ones that go to most games. So I end up trying to sell 2 or 3 almost every game. I’d be better off just buying two off stubhub for the games we want. Would save money and end up with better seats.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We did not renew ours for the first time since the early Croom era. Nothing against the program, just couldn’t justify the cost per usage anymore. We used to only miss 1-2 games a year, now we are lucky if we make it to half of our home games. My dad got our tickets when he was in his 40’s and I was in junior high, now he’s in his 60’s and I’m 30 with a baby of my own, so life is just different now. And I’ve found that it’s VERY hard to make your money back on tickets for games you can’t attend. Can barely give tickets away for free to certain games without bending over backwards.

I’ll still probably go to the Arizona and/or LSU games, maybe Kentucky. And we like to try a new road spot as often as we can (last was Auburn in ‘21, this year we are going to Fayetteville).

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I renewed my tickets today and I'm in the lower sections on the east side. It seemed like the normal amount of seats available. One thing I did notice is there were absolutely no club level seats available. Normally there are enough available that I'm temped to upgrade to the scoreboard club.
I noticed this too. We renewed yesterday and the scoreboard club (where we've had tickets for the past several years), had very few available spots. We actually moved out of the scoreboard club to the top of section 5 on the 30 ish yard line (hopefully covered by the overhang). The Bulldog Club there is $400/ticket vs $1,250/ticket in the scoreboard club.

• Wow
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I have been season ticket holder for 12 years and follow seat selection every year. I swear there are more seats available than I have ever seen. Are sells down this season?
I don’t think I know anyone who is buying more tickets than they were pre-COVID.

It feels like the Pandemic hurt MSU’s in person attendance figures more than other programs. Maybe the JOMO-Rebuild is a part of it too.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I also think Starkville’s hotel prices really hurts attendance. You can also end up spending $5K - $7K on lodging a season. That could be more than all of the other costs (gas, tickets, food, etc.) combined X2 or X3.

nsvltndog

Mar 30, 2010
Both Scoreboard Club and East Side Club have single digit number of single seats left; actually 1 seat left in East Side Club. 100 and 200 levels are very tight.

My personal opinion is MSU is going to be a surprise story this fall, not playoff caliber but Top 25 story. It pained me greatly last fall to see >1/3 of stadium full of Georgia fans. 8 home games should be driving ticket sales as we've always wished for a schedule like that.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I also think Starkville’s hotel prices really hurts attendance. You can also end up spending $5K - $7K on lodging a season. That could be more than all of the other costs (gas, tickets, food, etc.) combined X2 or X3.
Are hotels really over $350 a night after taxes?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It feels like the Pandemic hurt MSU’s in person attendance figures more than other programs. Maybe the JOMO-Rebuild is a part of it too.
Why? I don't see any evidence of this, other than the typical things, like not being great, direct proximity to a large metro, etc.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Are hotels really over $350 a night after taxes?
It is nuts. I paid it for years and it was at least a grand a weekend for two nights and the whole thing. The wife finally got me to realize we live in Brandon, yes the Devil lives in Brandon of all places, so screw it we can just hang out for a little while and then go home. She does not drink so it has been much easier for us to just go get dinner somewhere after games with the friends we came to see and go home. Plus you have to book a year out in advance, maybe not so much anymore with the current prices. It is the same reason my group of friends just gave up tailgating years ago. Too expensive and the prices do nothing but go up, and then there is the lugging all the **** which as I have gotten older I am just less inclined to do.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
yes the Devil lives in Brandon of all places

Is this Hell? No, it's Rankin County. **

Field of Dreams baseball GIF

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
My suggestions:

1. I'm sure it would cost several million (and reduce capacity) but we need to "chair back" all the 100 sections
2. The more tickets one buys, the lower the per unit cost should be
3. In sections of high demand seating, single seats that don't sell should be offered to adjoining ticket holders at a reduced cost
4. Move the visitor section from the bottom East side, South end zone to the upper decks.
5. Figure out how to erect a sun shade. The Romans did it 2000 years ago. I realize we have wind loads, storms, etc. I know an engineer who can figure all that out and have a preliminary design by the end of the week. It can be retractable it needed.
6. Install robust wi-fi/cell towers in the stadium. This is not for us older fans, but it will help keep younger fans coming to the games. I know this is harder than it sounds, but I know a guy who can figure it all out and have wifi installed by kickoff.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Is this Hell? No, it's Rankin County. **

Field of Dreams baseball GIF
Not from Rankin and neither is the wife. We moved here ten years ago mainly because of her job. I will be honest we have loved living in 042 Brandon everybody we have encountered has been so nice and welcoming. We got Brandon schools with in five miles of our home for the little Devil. I got nothing but good things to say about Brandon, but I am sure there are other opinions out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I only renewed this year to move into the club level. Now there are zero club level seat available, so it doesn't seem like too many people are cutting it out. So I will be dropping my seats on Monday next week.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

I would buy into a skybox if anyone has three tickets available. Short of that or getting club level, I am not getting season tickets.

jxndawg

Dec 26, 2009
FWIW, this is my second year of trying to become a first-time season ticket holder by buying three club level seats, and there aren't any available. I even emailed the ticket office to make sure I was doing it right, and he said yeah, there were a handful available but they'd probably be gone pretty quick once renewals started and people upgraded/bought more. I'm only interested in club level because I've got young kids, and the food/shelter will be the difference between getting to go to one game or all of them.

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
The college football product sucks due to only 3 - 5 teams having a chance to win.

Georgia is possibly going to have the best recruiting class in history this year, has an easy schedule, and gets anyone they want from the transfer portal.

What’s the point? Not enough programs have a chance.

Fall game days are the best, but people only value that up to a certain point when you realize your team cannot win. The NFL attendance thrives because literally all 32 teams have hope

Reactions: Bulldog Bruce

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
Unlike pretty much every other SEC town, we don’t have a substantial population center within 75 miles. I’d say we draw pretty well given those circumstances

also, I’d suggest the AD reduce prices for most tickets and increase prices for premium areas. There is value in getting butts in the seats.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Ticket sales are up this year and are better than they have been since 2018, according to an interview at GP. Don’t know if that’s true, but that’s what they are saying.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login