Season Football Ticket Sells.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ticket sales are up this year and are better than they have been since 2018, according to an interview at GP. Don’t know if that’s true, but that’s what they are saying.
I looked today and they did start to fill in. I did move to better seats. I keep moving around. I have been section 20, 04 309,308, I am back in 04.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I also think Starkville’s hotel prices really hurts attendance. You can also end up spending $5K - $7K on lodging a season. That could be more than all of the other costs (gas, tickets, food, etc.) combined X2 or X3.
I agree with this. It's next to impossible to secure a place to stay, and if you do, you have to purchase two nights at an inflated price. Unfortunately I don't think it's a fixable problem. These hotels are otherwise sitting empty and losing money most of the time.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
FWIW, this is my second year of trying to become a first-time season ticket holder by buying three club level seats, and there aren't any available. I even emailed the ticket office to make sure I was doing it right, and he said yeah, there were a handful available but they'd probably be gone pretty quick once renewals started and people upgraded/bought more. I'm only interested in club level because I've got young kids, and the food/shelter will be the difference between getting to go to one game or all of them.
You didn't mention if you were a season ticket holder in any other sport or not. If you want a chance to buy those tickets you will have to pony up and "pay your dues" and decreasing your Bulldog Club rank number.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
I noticed this too. We renewed yesterday and the scoreboard club (where we've had tickets for the past several years), had very few available spots. We actually moved out of the scoreboard club to the top of section 5 on the 30 ish yard line (hopefully covered by the overhang). The Bulldog Club there is $400/ticket vs $1,250/ticket in the scoreboard club.
$1250/ticket?!? Holy sh|t!

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
None of it is designed for going to a game. It is all designed for TV programming. Overall they are happy that people want to come, but it is mostly an afterthought in the big picture. I think the schools individually try to give those people that come, the best experience they can and also try to maximize the income. Unfortunately there is very little room for growth in gameday attendance.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Not from Rankin and neither is the wife. We moved here ten years ago mainly because of her job. I will be honest we have loved living in 042 Brandon everybody we have encountered has been so nice and welcoming. We got Brandon schools with in five miles of our home for the little Devil. I got nothing but good things to say about Brandon, but I am sure there are other opinions out there.

Wait, the Devil is married, she doesn't drink, and you have a spawn?

I know children are amused when it rains while the sun is shining, but you've really got to give you wife a break man.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Wait, the Devil is married, she doesn't drink, and you have a spawn?

I know children are amused when it rains while the sun is shining, but you've really got to give you wife a break man.
Yes the Devil is married. She is not a drinker that is her choice not some mandate I put out. I am a very lucky Devil in that I have a beautiful and supportive wife.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
These hotels are otherwise sitting empty and losing money most of the time.
The Marriott was/is sold out last night and tonight. And The hotels in Starkville are not as empty as you think during non-game weekends.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
The college football product sucks due to only 3 - 5 teams having a chance to win.

Georgia is possibly going to have the best recruiting class in history this year, has an easy schedule, and gets anyone they want from the transfer portal.

What’s the point? Not enough programs have a chance.

Fall game days are the best, but people only value that up to a certain point when you realize your team cannot win. The NFL attendance thrives because literally all 32 teams have hope

This is so true. There have always been some repeat champions. But it's been ridiculous for the past decade.

If you could go back in time to 2010 most football fans would think - if we can get the right coach and string together some good recruiting classes, we can play for the NC. There were a lot of different teams that shined through the 80s, 90s, and even early 2000s. Other than Miami, most would be up for 3-4 years and then fade away. But then you look over this last decade and it's dominated by teams who've all been there before.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Ticket sales are up. Excitement level seems to be up. Sorry for raining on everyone’s bitching parade

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
There are occasionally events in town...graduations, seminars, conferences, travel ball tournaments, etc, that will lead to full hotels. But as a statement of fact, they are not full all year. It's a problem and it's why we don't have more of them.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
That juice just ain't worth the squeeze
Yup. You've got to have some serious jack to justify it. Season tickets and going to Starkville for 5 or 6 weekends would be more fun than doing watch parties with friends, but when you compare it to doing watch parties with friends and having another $6k-$7k to spend on vacations or whatever your next favorite thing would be, it's hard for season tickets to win out unless you've got so much money that you just don't have any other big wants.

Reactions: dorndawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login