SEC legends Barry Swizter, Vince Young.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Both were name to the 2024 SEC legends class. How can a couple guys who never coached or played in the SEC be considered SEC legends?

"The class will be honored at the 2024 SEC Football “Weekend of Champions” December 6-7 in Atlanta, Ga, highlighted by the annual SEC Legends Celebration presented by T-Mobile on Friday, December 6 at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta. The group will also be recognized prior to the SEC Football Championship Game, which will be held at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Saturday, December 7."

Isn't that a weird thing to do for a couple of guys who have no connection whatsoever to the SEC?

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Both were name to the 2024 SEC legends class. How can a couple guys who never coached or played in the SEC be considered SEC legends?

"The class will be honored at the 2024 SEC Football “Weekend of Champions” December 6-7 in Atlanta, Ga, highlighted by the annual SEC Legends Celebration presented by T-Mobile on Friday, December 6 at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta. The group will also be recognized prior to the SEC Football Championship Game, which will be held at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Saturday, December 7."

Isn't that a weird thing to do for a couple of guys who have no connection whatsoever to the SEC?
I saw Switzer on the Paul Finebaum show about this and I thought the same thing. So, I expect Big George, Sterling, Alshon and other Gamecocks to get in, too.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I saw Switzer on the Paul Finebaum show about this and I thought the same thing. So, I expect Big George, Sterling, Alshon and other Gamecocks to get in, too.
They are already in. Same for Todd Ellis, Harold Green, Robert Brooks, and a bunch of other Gamecocks who never played a down for an SEC team.

Does it feel weird? Yes, but every team gets an inductee every year. Instead of calling it "SEC Legends," it would more accurately be called "Legends from SEC Teams," but that doesn't roll off the tongue as easily.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login