SEC now 5-5 in bowl games

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
and after ten games, we’re the only one that was entirely disinterested in a “meaningless exhibition”.

I’m still frustrated by that uninspired performance

was21

May 29, 2007
Ain't it the obvious truth...thx for expressing my thoughts just before reading your post. I had just posted the same thing replying to another post.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
It sucked, but it’s over, and doesn’t have any bearing on next year.

I guarantee that when we blew out Michigan in the 2011 Gator Bowl, few would have pegged us to go 2-6 in SEC play the next year while Michigan won the Sugar Bowl.

I didn’t enjoy Tuesday night either but there are tons of examples from over the years on why you shouldn’t overreact to bowl game results.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I do know Kentucky had a bunch of turnovers that night. But we did play better that game.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I do know Kentucky had a bunch of turnovers that night. But we did play better that game.

Oddly enough they went 10-3 with a -11 turnover margin. Weird team that benefited from a weak schedule but 10-3 is 10-3.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020

I guarantee that when we blew out Michigan in the 2011 Gator Bowl, few would have pegged us to go 2-6 in SEC play the next year while Michigan won the Sugar Bowl.

I didn’t enjoy Tuesday night either but there are tons of examples from over the years on why you shouldn’t overreact to bowl game results.

Not so sure that’s the case. We had fans spouting the mantra that spring doesn’t matter after Rogers showed we couldn’t complete a pass beyond 5 yards to anyone but Marks and that is exactly how we started the season.

With the lulls we have had on offense this season I am more worried that that dismal performance DOES carry over into next season. Especially since we are going to be very inexperienced on the line.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yep of the teams that lost we were the only team playing uninspired football outside of three players. And the only team to get blown out in a virtual home game.

I hope Cohen gave leach a big wtf.

Too me this a lot like the 2012 season after getting whipped by northwestern then we go into to 2013 and got whipped by ok state. Set the tone for off season and then the start of the season. We also lost the egg bowl that year too. In game we felt like we should win.

Aug 22, 2012
and after ten games, we’re the only one that was entirely disinterested in a “meaningless exhibition”.

I’m still frustrated by that uninspired performance

Just curious how many of the other SEC teams played despite being down 4 DL, 4 DB and both OTs?

We could've backed out and we didn't. But I guess what most people here want is for us to have backed out. I'm proud we at least tried.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Purdue played without two big time offensive lineman. Their offense performed just fine. Tennessee also had four guys opt out. Two of those guys solid starters

Last edited:

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016

The problems do carry over. Inconsistent play is their brand. Dink and dunk is who they are and they have no ability to stretch the field. Unless the big redshirt receivers step up next year the team will look exactly the same. Rogers is a nice QB but he’s not suddenly going to add arm strength.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Lord, have mercy! Everyone, let it go. We beat Kentucky. We should have beaten Arkansas. We laid an egg in the Liberty Bowl. It has no impact on next year. We had a lot of players out. We had starters who played poorly. We now know where our weaknesses are, where we're thin, and who needs to work hard in the offseason. We ran out of gas. We had a flat tire. We didn't have enough money for cab fare. Our tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole our car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locust. It wasn't our fault.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Just curious how many of the other SEC teams played despite being down 4 DL, 4 DB and both OTs?

We could've backed out and we didn't. But I guess what most people here want is for us to have backed out. I'm proud we at least tried.
The defense played well enough to win...again. It was the offense that was horrible. And I didn't think our OL played that bad. It was the QB and WR that did not play well.

Defense gave us 10 points through 2.5 quarters. Then the flood gates opened. We had 2 drives to start the 2nd half to take the lead and got nothing.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Oddly enough they went 10-3 with a -11 turnover margin. Weird team that benefited from a weak schedule but 10-3 is 10-3.

Was Iowa the first team they beat that had more than 6 wins in the regular season?

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Don't wish to get into this tit for tat, BS, but

WE have too many bowl games.

It is no longer a reward for good performance.

But, a Participation Trophy!

(but, I've said this before).

was21

May 29, 2007
Leech success depends entirely on his getting into the head of the QB. If he fails to do that then that's the story of whatever game they're into.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
You guys are outing yourself with this disinterest crap. The guys who showed up played hard, and Leach coached hard and wanted to win. We just couldn't get it done because all these things piled on top of each other.

Seriously, many of you 'grown men' need to grow the 17 up.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I still haven't figured out how we best Kentucky
Because we are a better team? At worst, we are more talented and played them at home. Kentucky and Arkansas are both old *** teams and we beat one and should have won the other.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
You guys are outing yourself with this disinterest crap. The guys who showed up played hard, and Leach coached hard and wanted to win. We just couldn't get it done because all these things piled on top of each other.

Seriously, many of you 'grown men' need to grow the 17 up.

I wasn’t implying that we were disinterested Tuesday. I was saying that we can play well against and did beat teams like KY when the team was firing on all cylinders.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
The defense played well enough to win...again. It was the offense that was horrible. And I didn't think our OL played that bad. It was the QB and WR that did not play well.

Defense gave us 10 points through 2.5 quarters. Then the flood gates opened. We had 2 drives to start the 2nd half to take the lead and got nothing.
This is fine if you want to complain about one night. But if you're using this to project the future and be "concerned" with Mike Leach's offense, then I'm not real sure some of you haven't bumped your head. We have nearly two decades of evidence behind us here. I mean for real? Concerned about Mike Leach? Give me a break.

The least you can do is give this thing 2-3 more years, even if you hate the offense. If it fails, screw it, let's go hire Gus Malzahn or one of the military schools' coaches and go ground and pound again. At least at that point we will know.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
It’s the Mike Leach Experience.

Gonna win some we shouldn’t, gonna lose a bunch we shouldn’t.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
And UK having the #10 recruiting class, it's going to get more difficult to beat them. Time to move from Kentucky...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login