SEC Officials on the Take

MoronDawg

Nov 26, 2022
The Southeastern Conference is a sports competition organization which generates nearly $1 billion dollars per year in revenue. Just from a business perspective, its games should be run in a fair, clean, and efficient manner, to protect its own and collective members' assets.

MSU lost three successful athletic directors and a coach to fellow SEC schools. (Thanks, buddies! It's good to have allies.) Then, when the athletic department was suffering from an absence of leadership, we lost a successful, legendary coach to the afterlife. (I would love to be a fly on the wall in the bar where Leach and Hemingway are hanging out now, but that's a different conversation.)

First and foremost in any competitive gaming event is the assumption of fairness. Otherwise, what's the point? It's one thing to put a finger on the scales to promote an even match between opponents of different strengths, but to do it against a program and fan base who are kneecapped underdogs is a travesty.

There is no excuse for the level of incompetence demonstrated in both level one and level two officiating in the MSU-Arkansas game. The Bulldogs were deprived of their due rewards for fighting tenaciously against the odds, and the Razorbacks' sweet cherry of victory must taste a bit like a persimmon. That's on you SEC. Spend some of your billion dollars on getting the sport right. Otherwise, what's a fan to conclude?

For the record, I don't believe that the SEC refs are on the take. But, we know that gambling and bribes have even recently been a part of the sport. What would a ref who is on the take do in a game? How would he demonstrate that he is compromised?

Exactly.

Do better SEC. We're beginning not to trust you.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
The Southeastern Conference is a sports competition organization which generates nearly $1 billion dollars per year in revenue. Just from a business perspective, its games should be run in a fair, clean, and efficient manner, to protect its own and collective members' assets.

MSU lost three successful athletic directors and a coach to fellow SEC schools. (Thanks, buddies! It's good to have allies.) Then, when the athletic department was suffering from an absence of leadership, we lost a successful, legendary coach to the afterlife. (I would love to be a fly on the wall in the bar where Leach and Hemingway are hanging out now, but that's a different conversation.)

First and foremost in any competitive gaming event is the assumption of fairness. Otherwise, what's the point? It's one thing to put a finger on the scales to promote an even match between opponents of different strengths, but to do it against a program and fan base who are kneecapped underdogs is a travesty.

There is no excuse for the level of incompetence demonstrated in both level one and level two officiating in the MSU-Arkansas game. The Bulldogs were deprived of their due rewards for fighting tenaciously against the odds, and the Razorbacks' sweet cherry of victory must taste a bit like a persimmon. That's on you SEC. Spend some of your billion dollars on getting the sport right. Otherwise, what's a fan to conclude?

For the record, I don't believe that the SEC refs are on the take. But, we know that gambling and bribes have even recently been a part of the sport. What would a ref who is on the take do in a game? How would he demonstrate that he is compromised?

Exactly.

Do better SEC. We're beginning not to trust you.
The SEC doesn’t care, they would happily accept us going to another conference.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I'm not sure either time that the ball crossed the imaginary line but imo they both did. But it's egregious to watch replays for 2 minutes and say they did not. Then place the ball on the 1 yard line. Apparently it was 17n closer than that. One inch line would be acceptable. Huge difference there. Yuge. Biggly affected the game.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The simple reality is that Arkansas will play in a bowl. We will not. This crazy ref treatment happens every season. There was no way they were going to let us beat Arkansas. Would serve no purpose.

MoronDawg

Nov 26, 2022
The simple reality is that Arkansas will play in a bowl. We will not. This crazy ref treatment happens every season. There was no way they were going to let us beat Arkansas. Would serve no purpose.

Do you believe that the Southeastern Conference manipulates the outcomes of its sporting events to maximize its revenues?

You don't need to comment on that. Your post should alarm the SEC office that their incompetence is breeding mistrust in their administration.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
When you get net as bad as we did yesterday the refs didn't do it. I don't recall any controversy over the FIFTY EIGHT points they scored.

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
1. Terribly written letter. It's like you're looking for empathy.

2. There were not 3 successful ADs. There were about 1.5 successful ADs. Byrne, Strickland (half), & Cohen was not successful. Huge problem

3. Those goal line calls were unfortunate but the problem is less about the refs & more about the rule that there must be "Convincing evidence that the call on the field was incorrect" to overturn the call on the field. When a call is made on the field, the ref are just calling what they think happened. So, what I don't understand is, why once we go to replay, the officials can't just call what they think happened & instead have to find irrefutable evidence that the call on the field was wrong. Why does the call on the field get that advantage? Why can't the refs just call what they think happened? The fact that both of those calls would not have been overturned if they were called TDs is the problem. The flawed call on the field is given unfair bias.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I was at the game so don’t have benefit of tv, but I was convinced from Jumbotron that his hand hit the pylon before the ball crossed the line.

The other should definitely have been spotted a foot or so closer but wouldn’t make a difference when we just lose yards every time we try to run inside the 5

MoronDawg

Nov 26, 2022
1. Terribly written letter. It's like you're looking for empathy.

2. There were not 3 successful ADs. There were about 1.5 successful ADs. Byrne, Strickland (half), & Cohen was not successful. Huge problem

3. Those goal line calls were unfortunate but the problem is less about the refs & more about the rule that there must be "Convincing evidence that the call on the field was incorrect" to overturn the call on the field. When the call is made on the field, the ref is just calling what he thinks happened. So, what I don't understand is, why once we go to replay, the officials can't just call what they think happened & instead have to find irrefutable evidence that the call on the field was wrong. Why does the call on the field get that advantage? Why can't the refs just call what they think happened? The fact that both of those calls would not have been overturned if they were called TDs is the problem. The flawed call on the field is given unfair bias.

Thanks for your reply, Colonel. I have enjoyed your chicken since I was a kid. We used to get it next door to the Krystal on Terry Road in South Jackson.

I'm not looking for empathy, but I appreciate that you recognize that I have a motive in my post. It's this, that the SEC's incompetence, either willful or not, has an impact.

There are a few logical conclusions to be drawn from the situation:

1) It's intentional. Either the conference or the individual refs have a benefit to cheating Mississippi State out of its rightful scores.

2) It's unintentional. Refs are human, and the action is fast. People make mistakes. That's why we have reviews. When the reviews seem to defy what we have seen on the field, it is one of two things:

a) We prefer that Mississippi State not be given its just due, for ulterior motives.
b) We are completely incompetent, which is inconsistent for an organization that manages multi-millions of dollars.
c) We don't care, and hope you just don't care enough to say anything, since you don't matter anyway.

My motivation is to encourage the conference to understand that they have a billion dollar enterprise because people like us care about the sport. They need to respect that.

MoronDawg

Nov 26, 2022
I was at the game so don’t have benefit of tv, but I was convinced from Jumbotron that his hand hit the pylon before the ball crossed the line.

The other should definitely have been spotted a foot or so closer but wouldn’t make a difference when we just lose yards every time we try to run inside the 5

Thanks for attending the game and being a loyal MSU fan.

A poster on EliteDawgs mentioned that the refs can only look at whether it is a touchdown or not, but they can't spot the ball off a replay. Again, I would suggest that a billion-dollar enterprise can do better. And it behooves them to do so.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Those spots were poor, I mean poor, at the least.

Are they on the take? I think they definitely show favoritism, always have.

Plus a ref could have a buddy to bet on a game, say a 7 point line, and the refs can see to it that we don't beat the line.
That could easily be done. Nobody would know.

They know we are down, and have no problem exploiting us, for now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login