Second Verse, Same As The First.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34375076/preseasoncurac-college-football-power-rankings-alabama-once-again-starts-season-no-1
'
Not that I believe this is in any way accurate but why do the rest of us even bother, especially since they made pay-for-play legal?

PS - This is the slowest August evah.

Man, UGA has a great schedule. Oregon is a tough opening after losing so many starters on defense, but then try to pick out their second hardest game. It will be @MSU if our tackle play is ok. If not, it could be @Uk? v. Auburn? @UF? v. UTenn? @USCe? A couple of those teams will probably end up being pretty good, but they could play two teams that end up in the teens and not have anybody else ranked.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
Man, UGA has a great schedule. Oregon is a tough opening after losing so many starters on defense, but then try to pick out their second hardest game. It will be @MSU if our tackle play is ok. If not, it could be @Uk? v. Auburn? @UF? v. UTenn? @USCe? A couple of those teams will probably end up being pretty good, but they could play two teams that end up in the teens and not have anybody else ranked.
One of the gambling podcasts I listen to, the host said we're the only team currently projected to be less than a double-digit underdog against UGA, and I think he said we were 9 or 9.5

Bama is projected to be favored by 20+ in every game except at Arkansas

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Georgia is going to trip up. Smart is Saban-lite, and even Saban tripped up after winning his first natty (at both LSU and Alabama, but I'm thinking more about 2010 Alabama). Defense will suffer, and Bennett won't be able to carry the team. And man, I loved that guy, and took up for him last year while others were dogging, but the dude should have left. There's nothing left to prove, but he's going to leave school a chump after the beating he's about to take this season.

I'm not ruling out us beating Georgia. I know it's cool to be a damn hater, but 17 that. They play Florida and Tennessee back to back before us, and follow us up with at Kentucky. Bet $100 one of us beats them.

Jul 5, 2020
I agree with your thoughts on Georgia, although I don't think we'll beat them. I think we will play them hard as hell and lose by 3 or less. They will be overlooking us. I think UGA will lose 2-3 games for the same reason that you do; regression of the coach. It's hard to win a Natty. I think Kentucky beats them and maybe an energized Florida team gets up for the cocktail party.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Don't bother watching the SEC preview show

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34375076/preseasoncurac-college-football-power-rankings-alabama-once-again-starts-season-no-1
'
Not that I believe this is in any way accurate but why do the rest of us even bother, especially since they made pay-for-play legal?

PS - This is the slowest August evah.

20 minutes on Alabama, 15 minutes on Georgia, 8 minutes on A&M, 4 minutes on Florida, 4 minutes on LSU, 4 minutes on Tennessee, 3 minutes on Arky, 2 minutes on the rest.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login