Seeing that Brad Peterson is gone

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Why do y'all hate him? If a HC of a SEC program listened to a former small time HS coach for advice, that's on the HC, not Brad. He was doing what he thought was best for the program. If Elon relied on me for advice and my advice scuttled his companies, that's on him for following advice from someone not qualified.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Why do y'all hate him? If a HC of a SEC program listened to a former small time HS coach for advice, that's on the HC, not Brad. He was doing what he thought was best for the program. If Elon relied on me for advice and my advice scuttled his companies, that's on him for following advice from someone not qualified.
I don’t hate him, but if I were a nurse and a doctor asked me what local nursing salaries were like or which hospitals had the best work life balance for nurses, I’d be happy to answer him. If he called me up mid-surgery and asked me how I thought he should go about removing a brain tumor, I’d tell him that he was talking to the wrong person

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I don't hate him, but what he did behind the scenes was not with MSU in mind. It was with himself in mind.

AT4 Dawg

Sep 18, 2012
Whether it’s true or not, the perception is that he is behind the force that persuaded Arnett to move away from the Air Raid.

I agree with those who suggest the outrage should be directed at Arnett for listening to him or following his coaching advice rather than using him more for HS relations.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Exactly. Whole thing is completely overblown.

There are also a lot of folks who are totally clueless as to what his primary role within the program was.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He was a spy for the cigar boys.
The spying deal is the dumbest thing ever, I've heard that throughout my career(s).

What was he doing, telling them what Arnett had for lunch, or that we practiced the "tush push?"

Arnett wasn't building a nuclear weapon and the cigar boys aren't Russian spies.

You think Brad or the cigar boys wanted us to fail? You think they were trying to scuttle the program?

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
The optics for him were just bad all the way around and who knows what is true or not at this point.

But we weren’t doing that well with in state recruiting this cycle either.

if he’s gone this quickly then something happened as one of a new coaches first actions is not generally to kick out the local hs relations guy

Reactions: woozman

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
The spying deal is the dumbest thing ever, I've heard that throughout my career(s).

What was he doing, telling them what Arnett had for lunch, or that we practiced the "tush push?"

Arnett wasn't building a nuclear weapon and the cigar boys aren't Russian spies.

You think Brad or the cigar boys wanted us to fail? You think they were trying to scuttle the program?
I have no idea if any of this is true. However, EVERY job has a communication protocol. IF BP was communicating directly with boosters in any fashion about anything to do with the team.- that is a problem. Again, I have no idea if it is true, and if it is true, if CZA was okay with it…

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The optics for him were just bad all the way around and who knows what is true or not at this point.

But we weren’t doing that well with in state recruiting this cycle either.

if he’s gone this quickly then something happened as one of a new coaches first actions is not generally to kick out the local hs relations guy
He was gm over football. Lebby will have a different one. Someone that matches his mindset

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Are any of the Cigar Boys reading the SixPack or considered regular SixPack posters?

Asking for a friend.

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
Are any of the Cigar Boys reading the SixPack or considered regular SixPack posters?

Asking for a friend.
adam weishaupt illuminati GIF

We read

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Asking for a friend.
You Guys can joke about them all you want but I remember way back when I was visiting Mississippi and one of these “Boys” sadly informed me that Slyvester Croom was ready to save everything but… we fired him before he could hire a new Offensive Coordinator

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Maybe Lebby thinks he already has a handle on the Miss HS recruiting scene.
It's not like he has never seen it.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Peterson was a disaster. A instrumental in firing Leachs staff and bringing in total losers like Will Friend. Good move by Lebby

Reactions: NIGHTDOG

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I don't hate him, but what he did behind the scenes was not with MSU in mind. It was with himself in mind.
You've lost your mind if you think Brad Peterson is/was only looking out for himself. He is a huge State guy and was asked to come back to try to help the greenest coach in the country make some decisions. Question the decisions, or how they went about it. There's no need to question Peterson's commitment or loyalty to State.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
You've lost your mind if you think Brad Peterson is/was only looking out for himself. He is a huge State guy and was asked to come back to try to help the greenest coach in the country make some decisions. Question the decisions, or how they went about it. There's no need to question Peterson's commitment or loyalty to State.
I have lost nothing. Short story, he's gone. He needed to go.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Just because somebody is a "dawg" doesn't mean they are doing what needs to be done. Leach fired him and I'm sure he had a good reason. Nicky Fitz is a dawg too but I don't want him as our QB coach. They are giving him a nice check to go away too

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Peterson was a disaster. A instrumental in firing Leachs staff and bringing in total losers like Will Friend. Good move by Lebby
Yes, I can't believe we would hire an offensive line coach who had been in the same position at Auburn, Tennessee, and GEORGIA. What do any of those guys know about offensive line play anyway.**

Just because a hire doesn't work out under the circumstances, doesn't mean the guy has forgotten how to coach. The nearsightedness of some of you amazes me.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I have no idea if any of this is true. However, EVERY job has a communication protocol. IF BP was communicating directly with boosters in any fashion about anything to do with the team.- that is a problem. Again, I have no idea if it is true, and if it is true, if CZA was okay with it…
Do you think random MB posters knew this kind of information, but Arnett didn't? Maybe Arnett wanted him to be the go between? The hate on Brad, I think, is misplaced.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
No offense, this is a dumb take. All that is 100% on Arnett. If Arnett asked Brad for advice, and Arnett followed that advice, that is on Arnett. I don't think Brad was working against anyone or trying to sabotage the program or anyone.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Just because somebody is a "dawg" doesn't mean they are doing what needs to be done. Leach fired him and I'm sure he had a good reason. Nicky Fitz is a dawg too but I don't want him as our QB coach. They are giving him a nice check to go away too
There's so much wrong in this post, but I won't waste my thumb power.

Nugdawg

Mar 3, 2008
Yes, I can't believe we would hire an offensive line coach who had been in the same position at Auburn, Tennessee, and GEORGIA. What do any of those guys know about offensive line play anyway.**

Just because a hire doesn't work out under the circumstances, doesn't mean the guy has forgotten how to coach. The nearsightedness of some of you amazes me.

There's so much wrong in this post, but I won't waste my thumb power.
You have a right to your position…but if you couldn’t see bringing back Peterson and over -promoting him along with hiring a washed up OL coach that has been a career flop at multiple stops was a bad idea…then I can’t help you. You realize this amazing OL coach from UGa and Auburn etc was sitting on the runway about to take the Memphis OL job when his good buddy Brad saved him? There was an agenda and it backfired on those involved and here we are. Let’s move on.

Reactions: ababyatemydingo

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
You have a right to your position…but if you couldn’t see bringing back Peterson and over -promoting him along with hiring a washed up OL coach that has been a career flop at multiple stops was a bad idea…then I can’t help you. You realize this amazing OL coach from UGa and Auburn etc was sitting on the runway about to take the Memphis OL job when his good buddy Brad saved him? There was an agenda and it backfired on those involved and here we are. Let’s move on.
Your 20/20 hindsight is crystal clear. But I agree, I've already moved on. I like Lebby.

Reactions: paindonthurt
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login