Seeing that Brad Peterson is gone

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
No offense, this is a dumb take. All that is 100% on Arnett. If Arnett asked Brad for advice, and Arnett followed that advice, that is on Arnett. I don't think Brad was working against anyone or trying to sabotage the program or anyone.
No offense, but you shilling for Peterson is a dumber post. that guy did more to damage the program than anyone. 6A HS coach needs to stay on his lane not hire his buddies.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Yes, I can't believe we would hire an offensive line coach who had been in the same position at Auburn, Tennessee, and GEORGIA. What do any of those guys know about offensive line play anyway.**

Just because a hire doesn't work out under the circumstances, doesn't mean the guy has forgotten how to coach. The nearsightedness of some of you amazes me.
HIlarious

Claiming Friend is qualified because he’s been fired by every school in the SEC is one of the dumbest things I’ve read on here. did you not watch any games this year ? Mason Miller fired , Will Friend hired, such a brilliant personnel move.

friends only qualification was he was buddies with peterson

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You Guys can joke about them all you want but I remember way back when I was visiting Mississippi and one of these “Boys” sadly informed me that Slyvester Croom was ready to save everything but… we fired him before he could hire a new Offensive Coordinator
I know this isn’t true bc Sylvester croom was never going to fire woody

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You've lost your mind if you think Brad Peterson is/was only looking out for himself. He is a huge State guy and was asked to come back to try to help the greenest coach in the country make some decisions. Question the decisions, or how they went about it. There's no need to question Peterson's commitment or loyalty to State.
And he knew how to raise “funds” when “funds” were needed.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You have a right to your position…but if you couldn’t see bringing back Peterson and over -promoting him along with hiring a washed up OL coach that has been a career flop at multiple stops was a bad idea…then I can’t help you. You realize this amazing OL coach from UGa and Auburn etc was sitting on the runway about to take the Memphis OL job when his good buddy Brad saved him? There was an agenda and it backfired on those involved and here we are. Let’s move on.
“Agenda” you know zero

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Yes you are. Why are you getting your panties in a wad every time someone mentions the horrible job Peterson and Friend did ?
Haven’t said a word about friend.

Panties aren’t in a was but suggesting Brad Peterson didn’t have MSU’s best interest in mind or that he had an “agenda” is stupid.

don’t be stupid

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
No offense, but you shilling for Peterson is a dumber post. that guy did more to damage the program than anyone. 6A HS coach needs to stay on his lane not hire his buddies.
I don't know any of these parties, but I'd wager Brad didn't have any authority to hire anyone. If a SEC HC relied on the advice of a former HS coach to make a hire, that's on the HC.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Yea I’m sure Arnett just picked Will Friend out of thin air. Arnett is dumb for taking bad advice, but Peterson did a lot of damage to the program. there’s a reason Leach canned him, and he’s getting canned again.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The optics for him were just bad all the way around and who knows what is true or not at this point.

But we weren’t doing that well with in state recruiting this cycle either.

if he’s gone this quickly then something happened as one of a new coaches first actions is not generally to kick out the local hs relations guy
That’s the key, how much did his relationships really help? Recruiting hasn’t been good, especially on defense.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login