Severe event has started

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Currently two tornado warnings and a few severe thunderstorm warnings in central and south MS. Couple other strong, but not currently severe storms in north MS. Stay weather aware next few hours.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
17 me. May I post this on our chase team page and send to WTVA? If so, dm me who to credit the photo to.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
What is the cause of all this severe weather of late? Thunderstorms are routine in the afternoon this time of year, but I do not recall this many tornados, etc.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
What is the cause of all this severe weather of late? Thunderstorms are routine in the afternoon this time of year, but I do not recall this many tornados, etc.
Stall frontal boundary north bringing gulf moisture up and hitting the other front bringing these cells with a lot of energy that usually pop up in front of the fronts that move through. It's hot and extremely humid.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Our typical summer pattern kicks in when we get a strong high pressure over Bermuda that shunts storm systems off to our north and west. That has not happened yet so we're still getting systems making it this far south. I have a feeling it won't be much longer, though. Just a matter of time.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Tree: 1 Truck: 0

• Wow
Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login