Severe Weather Returns Tuesday

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Severe returns to us Tuesday probably in the form of a squall line with strong straight line winds and hail. Couple tornadoes may also be possible. This isn't a textbook set up, but it's going to be good enough to get the job done.

51F416DD-ADF4-4BEF-8150-17321E51DF59.gif

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
It's all coming down to moisture return. The storm that is approaching has excellent dynamics and wish shear. It's just a question of how much return flow we can get in place from the Gulf. Currently, that looks to be limited which will reduce the event severity, but if the moisture return exceeds current thinking, then this could be a more significant system. Just in a wait and see pattern right now.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I know everyone hates that it’s been so dry but this has been possibly the best fall harvest weather I’ve ever experienced.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I know everyone hates that it’s been so dry but this has been possibly the best fall harvest weather I’ve ever experienced.
Yes. We are seeing 5 bale cotton over some acreage. Happily averaging 1500 lbs over the farm. Needed it. Cause the drought killed our corn.

However, hesitant to plant any wheat due to no rain.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yes. We are seeing 5 bale cotton over some acreage. Happily averaging 1500 lbs over the farm. Needed it. Cause the drought killed our corn.

However, hesitant to plant any wheat due to no rain.
Yeah our corn sucked too but we planted very little. Rice was decent. Soybeans have been about average to slightly below average.

Just glad we roll into next year with pretty much everything smooth and ready to plant as opposed to this year where we had ruts every year from the super wet fall. I’m thinking next year we will use a third of the diesel we did this year.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I’m thinking next year we will use a third of the diesel we did this year.
DCD's new tractor will leave him open to mass ridicule as the other farmers lambaste him for his lack of concern over the disposal of lithium batteries and the capacity of the energy grid required to charge his tractor.

let-s-imagine-tesla-expanded-into-motorcycles-busses-and-tractors.jpg

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login