Shame on Mary Mahoneys

DAWGSANDSAINTS

All-Conference
Oct 10, 2022
3,334
3,042
113
All about the almighty $$
17-ing Bidennomics has contributed a lot to this type of BS however.
17 him and the Dems!
Lock it - don’t 17-ing care!
 

Chesusdog

All-American
May 2, 2006
5,126
5,546
113
K Kay GIF by Penn Highlands
 

Badon

Junior
Jun 12, 2006
804
382
63
Mahoneys is getting a ton of social media support from well known local people on the Coast. It’s like a political movement with all the posts of support without really acknowledging this scammy behavior. Bizarre. #oldbiloxi
 

Villagedawg

All-Conference
Nov 16, 2005
2,483
2,568
113
Mahoneys is getting a ton of social media support from well known local people on the Coast. It’s like a political movement with all the posts of support without really acknowledging this scammy behavior. Bizarre. #oldbiloxi
It’s rampant all over the country and it boils down to the fact that these a holes can make a lot more money selling the cheap foreign fish. And people can’t tell the difference 99% of the time. And as for the coast, once you drench it in butter, cayenne pepper, garlic, and thick crawfish gravy errr sauce, you can barely tell it’s fish much less distinguish snapper from mud cat.
 

OG Goat Holder

Heisman
Sep 30, 2022
14,110
12,962
113
Mahoneys is getting a ton of social media support from well known local people on the Coast. It’s like a political movement with all the posts of support without really acknowledging this scammy behavior. Bizarre. #oldbiloxi
That’s MS for you. Locals will come out and support the shlt out if you if you offer the right social capital.

If you don’t, they’ll take a dump on your face. Actually they won’t, they won’t give you the privilege of smelling their shlt.

#LIFE
 

lazlow

Senior
Jul 9, 2009
1,294
617
113
And to think that i used to get pissed when i found out that my snapper was really drum. damn, i miss really good drum.
 
Oct 17, 2023
219
236
43
Felony charge? Really? Seems harsh for mislabeling the origin of their food source.
The problem is that some people, my wife included, are allergic to some of the fish coming from Asia. Such as the Asian fish that they call a catfish. We ask every time we get fish what and where its from. Had a restaurant lie to us about their fish when we asked and she ended up in the hospital. We sued and won.
 
Last edited:

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,404
31,600
113
And to think that i used to get pissed when i found out that my snapper was really drum. damn, i miss really good drum.
Drum is actually perfectly good fish. And no, I can’t tell the difference between it and snapper.
 
  • Like
Reactions: skydawg1

uptowndawg

All-Conference
Jul 15, 2010
2,227
1,004
113
I don’t think I’ve eaten there since about 2002. We’re taking a trip that way I a few weeks and was thinking about having lunch there but now way now, those disgusting 17’s. The only thing worse than the international seafood market is passing international seafood for local.
 

TaleofTwoDogs

All-Conference
Jun 1, 2004
4,326
2,104
113
Mary Mahoney is probably turning over in her grave if she knew that the current owners were doing this to her beloved namesake restaurant. Mary and my mom were best friends in high school and I met her a number of times. She was a good person. Shame the restaurant probably wouldn't make it through this horror story. Still remember eating there for my high school graduation dinner with my girlfriend and my parents back in the 70s.
 
  • Like
Reactions: She Mate Me

travis.sixpack

All-Conference
Mar 3, 2008
1,104
1,127
113
Yeah, it’s not like this restaurant is in St. Louis. The only reason not to use regionally sourced seafood is money. My parents were friends with the owners of Chimneys so we rarely ate at MM, but I always liked the vibe of the restaurant. It’s a shame they tarnished the reputation.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,229
14,741
113
The problem is that some people, my wife included, are allergic to some of the fish coming from Asia. Such as the Asian fish that they call a catfish. We ask every time we get fish what and where its from. Had a restaurant lie to us about their fish when we asked and she ended up in the hospital. We sued and won.

Glad you won, but damn, if I was her I'd have to cross any fish that might put you in the hospital off the list unless you catch it yourself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

anon1787432961

Heisman
Mar 4, 2008
15,854
14,328
113
  • Like
Reactions: Villagedawg

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
Every restaurant on the Gulf Coast does the same thing. All but a handful
I have no idea if that’s true or not but if there are other restaurants doing this I bet they are reconsidering now.

I don’t know much about restaurants in general, gulf coast or not. The only one I know well enough to know they do in fact serve fresh gulf fish is harbor docks in Destin. But I’m sure plenty of places truly serve what they say they are serving.
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,241
24,303
113
I have no idea if that’s true or not but if there are other restaurants doing this I bet they are reconsidering now.

I don’t know much about restaurants in general, gulf coast or not. The only one I know well enough to know they do in fact serve fresh gulf fish is harbor docks in Destin. But I’m sure plenty of places truly serve what they say they are serving.
The rotten apple spoils the whole bunch. Stuff like this makes people question or distrust the whole industry when the vast majority are doing the right thing.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four