Shame on Mary Mahoneys

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
All about the almighty $$
17-ing Bidennomics has contributed a lot to this type of BS however.
17 him and the Dems!
Lock it - don’t 17-ing care!

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
K Kay GIF by Penn Highlands

Badon

Jun 12, 2006
Mahoneys is getting a ton of social media support from well known local people on the Coast. It’s like a political movement with all the posts of support without really acknowledging this scammy behavior. Bizarre. #oldbiloxi

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Mahoneys is getting a ton of social media support from well known local people on the Coast. It’s like a political movement with all the posts of support without really acknowledging this scammy behavior. Bizarre. #oldbiloxi
It’s rampant all over the country and it boils down to the fact that these a holes can make a lot more money selling the cheap foreign fish. And people can’t tell the difference 99% of the time. And as for the coast, once you drench it in butter, cayenne pepper, garlic, and thick crawfish gravy errr sauce, you can barely tell it’s fish much less distinguish snapper from mud cat.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That’s MS for you. Locals will come out and support the shlt out if you if you offer the right social capital.

If you don’t, they’ll take a dump on your face. Actually they won’t, they won’t give you the privilege of smelling their shlt.

#LIFE

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
And to think that i used to get pissed when i found out that my snapper was really drum. damn, i miss really good drum.

Oct 17, 2023
Felony charge? Really? Seems harsh for mislabeling the origin of their food source.
The problem is that some people, my wife included, are allergic to some of the fish coming from Asia. Such as the Asian fish that they call a catfish. We ask every time we get fish what and where its from. Had a restaurant lie to us about their fish when we asked and she ended up in the hospital. We sued and won.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
And to think that i used to get pissed when i found out that my snapper was really drum. damn, i miss really good drum.
Drum is actually perfectly good fish. And no, I can’t tell the difference between it and snapper.

Reactions: skydawg1

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
I don’t think I’ve eaten there since about 2002. We’re taking a trip that way I a few weeks and was thinking about having lunch there but now way now, those disgusting 17’s. The only thing worse than the international seafood market is passing international seafood for local.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Mary Mahoney is probably turning over in her grave if she knew that the current owners were doing this to her beloved namesake restaurant. Mary and my mom were best friends in high school and I met her a number of times. She was a good person. Shame the restaurant probably wouldn't make it through this horror story. Still remember eating there for my high school graduation dinner with my girlfriend and my parents back in the 70s.

Reactions: She Mate Me

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Yeah, it’s not like this restaurant is in St. Louis. The only reason not to use regionally sourced seafood is money. My parents were friends with the owners of Chimneys so we rarely ate at MM, but I always liked the vibe of the restaurant. It’s a shame they tarnished the reputation.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The problem is that some people, my wife included, are allergic to some of the fish coming from Asia. Such as the Asian fish that they call a catfish. We ask every time we get fish what and where its from. Had a restaurant lie to us about their fish when we asked and she ended up in the hospital. We sued and won.

Glad you won, but damn, if I was her I'd have to cross any fish that might put you in the hospital off the list unless you catch it yourself.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Reactions: Villagedawg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Every restaurant on the Gulf Coast does the same thing. All but a handful
I have no idea if that’s true or not but if there are other restaurants doing this I bet they are reconsidering now.

I don’t know much about restaurants in general, gulf coast or not. The only one I know well enough to know they do in fact serve fresh gulf fish is harbor docks in Destin. But I’m sure plenty of places truly serve what they say they are serving.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I have no idea if that’s true or not but if there are other restaurants doing this I bet they are reconsidering now.

I don’t know much about restaurants in general, gulf coast or not. The only one I know well enough to know they do in fact serve fresh gulf fish is harbor docks in Destin. But I’m sure plenty of places truly serve what they say they are serving.
The rotten apple spoils the whole bunch. Stuff like this makes people question or distrust the whole industry when the vast majority are doing the right thing.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login