Sharon: A Wife's Perspective

DCWarEagle

Aug 11, 2021
We just lost my dad. He was 63. It’s our first Christmas, his birthday isn’t far off, and he missed my 40th. My mom has been extremely resolute but she has days where she doesn’t want to leave the bed. It’s a process that nobody can explain. After 10
Years of fighting cancer all of the sudden he’s gone. She will lean on family and friends and there is no doubt their support system is vast. Coach Leach didn’t know a stranger from all I read, and those are the people that will get her through along with her family.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
This board is a guy's place. I get that.

Please keep Sharon in your prayers. It's one thing deal with the death of your husband. It must be a whole different thing to deal with the death of the man you loved who was loved by so many others.

How does she deal with this?
I assume she will deal with it the same way other wives deal with losing their husbands. She has 4 children and several grandchildren who she will receive love, strength and support from. She also has friends in the Starkville area who will be there for her. People experience the loss of a spouse every day-the grieving process is different for everyone, but it’s something that she will work her way through it I have no doubt. Family, friends and faith will sustain her, no doubt.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
We just lost my dad. He was 63. It’s our first Christmas, his birthday isn’t far off, and he missed my 40th. My mom has been extremely resolute but she has days where she doesn’t want to leave the bed. It’s a process that nobody can explain. After 10
Years of fighting cancer all of the sudden he’s gone. She will lean on family and friends and there is no doubt their support system is vast. Coach Leach didn’t know a stranger from all I read, and those are the people that will get her through along with her family.
Right there with you. Lost my dad end of July. He was 90. Prayers for your Mom, you and all of your family during the holidays.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login