Should this be our helmet for next season?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I don’t mind cursive on football helmets-but this cursive “State” needs some work, IMO. The “S” just doesn’t look right to me for some reason. Maybe if the “S” were actually attached to the “t” it would look better. That’s just my opinion-and I may be the only one with that opinion.
Few people younger than 35 would know that is an S if it were by itself. I can hear it now, "Why is there a music symbol on MSU's helmets?"

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I don't see any logical reason NOT to be like Oregon, at least in football. Unless you're just trying to mimic a blue blood, which is not a smart idea.

By the way, we have a core design. https://www.brand.msstate.edu/assets/index.php#msulogos. Doesn't mean they have to be on the helmet.
Just about every university has visual identity standards - so the above is like explaining that "Christmas is in December"

The question was about a helmet design. Our helmets generally have been weak in their artistic design and not iconic.

Again, applaud the effort and clean look. But it's tough to get charged up over the old script "State." Kids today don't even learn cursive. Soon they won't be able to read it****

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Just about every university has visual identity standards - so the above is like explaining that "Christmas is in December"

The question was about a helmet design. Our helmets generally have been weak in their artistic design and not iconic.

Again, applaud the effort and clean look. But it's tough to get charged up over the old script "State." Kids today don't even learn cursive. Soon they won't be able to read it****
Great point about kids not learning cursive writing.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login