Shrader ran for 195, 4 TDs

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Happy for him. Understood why he transferred and lament the fact that he's not with us now. He suits whatever this offense is better than Will.

Also, LSU beat Purdue 63-7 in the Citrus Bowl last year.

Reactions: eckie1

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Man, I’ve loved Garrett Shrader since Day One. I’ll always hope nothing but the best for him. He could’ve been something special at State if the circumstances had been a little different. He probably won’t, but I hope he makes $200MM in the NFL.

Reactions: eckie1

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He wasn’t an Air Raid QB but would love to have him now. Unfortunate deal. He is a quality player.
To me, I think one of the biggest and most valid criticisms of Leach and his approach is that he couldn't make use of a player like Shrader except as a WR. I'm a fan of Leach and his system but that's a pretty big shortfall. The flipside of course would be lots of offensive coaches couldn't make use of Gardner Minshew.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Keep in mind that the current coaching staff can't make use of the 6th all-time leading passer in the SEC. Yes, he's a bit of a system QB, but if you're going to use him then you need to adjust your system to fit him.

Reactions: Mack Rebennack

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
To me, I think one of the biggest and most valid criticisms of Leach and his approach is that he couldn't make use of a player like Shrader except as a WR. I'm a fan of Leach and his system but that's a pretty big shortfall. The flipside of course would be lots of offensive coaches couldn't make use of Gardner Minshew.

Leach was a one note musician. But hard to argue with the success of that one note over 20 years.

Reactions: GomJabbar

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
It's amazing that he got that kind of productivity since running QBs only go in the game on 4th and 1.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login