SIAP: Project Rudy to revolutionize College Football....

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
  • Haha
Reactions: step.eng69

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
The question many people, but not college administrators and ADs, are asking, and have been for years, will big money and the insatiable appetite for it ruin college football?

I’m sure plenty of people have thoughts on this. I wonder what this sport will look like at the end of the time I have left and whether it will remotely resemble what I first saw and loved.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
“My point with them was you couldn’t have constructed a more inefficient structure,” said Bevilacqua, now a leading member of the College Sports Tomorrow plan. “That happened 20-some odd years ago.”

ADs as a business people...it's changing but for many years, clueless.

Lionville

Oct 19, 2021
Lost in all this is it all rests on the backs of 18-22 year-olds. What will the impact of this quest for big money have on these kids?

Reactions: Bob78

Sharkies

Nov 1, 2021
Any CliffsNotes on this?
From ChatGPT:

Project Rudy, spearheaded by former Disney executives and private equity firm Smash Capital, proposes a new super league structure for college football. The plan involves 70 teams from the four power conferences, with changes aimed at generating $9 billion in private capital and $15 billion in media/sponsorship revenue over 12 years. Key components include eliminating games against smaller schools, expanding playoffs, and consolidating media rights into one centralized deal. This model introduces tiered revenue distribution, where top-tier schools would earn significantly more than others.

The proposal, aimed at addressing revenue sharing with athletes and the financial strains on schools, has caught the attention of SEC and Big Ten leaders, who are meeting to discuss future changes to the sport. However, there is skepticism from some within the conferences, who argue they can achieve similar results without outside influence. The plan’s success hinges on convincing key figures like SEC commissioner Greg Sankey and Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti.

Reactions: haveyoumethoward

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
Lost in all this is it all rests on the backs of 18-22 year-olds. What will the impact of this quest for big money have on these kids?
Good question.
They need to figure out NIL and xfer rules, probably with some contractual aspects, very soon, or the greed grab by players and families/reps will be far worse than now.
Hoping that viable solution comes relatively soon.

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Mike McQueary's favorite movie will be shown before all games?
Apex,
Had to mention that turkey in a post, the clown posted his dick on Facebook! 😲

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
For me the biggest issue is having a league/system that provides a level playing field. Notre Dame not having to be in a conference is not fair. Top teams making more than others is not fair (if they can't cut it, they're out IMO). There is no fair way to distribute talent, and at best, you have one player for four years, and talent turnover is absolutely going to impact a team's tier rating. This is all just so dumb and shortsighted.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login