Since I am heading to church right now...

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I dip French fries in mayonnaise. When we got married my wife thought it was the grossest thing she had ever seen, now she does it too.

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Found out this week that certain areas of the Carolinas eat mayo and bananas on a sandwich.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Found out this week that certain areas of the Carolinas eat mayo and bananas on a sandwich.
My mom ate them all the time. I personally hate a banana. All a banana is is a rotten cucumber. I Had an uncle who drove a Chiquita Banana truck most of his life. Twice per week he would pick up a load in Gulfport and deliver somewhere up in the Midwest. Fresh off the boat banana’s look and smell just like a cucumber. They are even hard and crisp.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I like to make sammiches on my griddle or a cast iron skillet. Saw a guy using mayo instead of butter for the sear on the bread. It’s incredible. I don’t like mayo much. I can only have a small amount on a sandwich. Since it’s made with oil, it cooks perfectly on the bread and it doesn’t have a mayo flavor when you do this. You’re welcome.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Mayo is the best condiment. Put mayo on green beans and black eyed peas. Will change your life. If you have cornbread and black eyed peas, that mayo on the peas needs to be a little more soupy, and it’s the best thing ever. The wife made fun of me also, but after she tried it, she won’t eat it any other way

Reactions: dog12

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I like to make sammiches on my griddle or a cast iron skillet. Saw a guy using mayo instead of butter for the sear on the bread. It’s incredible. I don’t like mayo much. I can only have a small amount on a sandwich. Since it’s made with oil, it cooks perfectly on the bread and it doesn’t have a mayo flavor when you do this. You’re welcome.

That's a Bachelor move made out of necessity, and yes it's better than butter. My wife saw me do it and has now adopted it. One of the very few things I've brought to the union kitchen.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

• Haha
Reactions: DerHntr

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Duke's has done a marvelous marketing job making itself the "best mayo" in the eyes of some. I don't even recall it being in grocery stores in South Miss in the late 90s early 2000s. If it was it definitely wasn't popular or anything. As the poster above said. Blue Plate is the real one, particularly in Mississippi.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Blue plate, dukes, great value, helmans, and way in the back by the rotten garbage is miracle whip.

i have a rule of never trusting anyone that uses miracle whip. Mouth breathing, left laners if ya ask me

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
That's a Bachelor move made out of necessity, and yes it's better than butter. My wife saw me do it and has now adopted it. One of the very few things I've brought to the union kitchen.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

I forgot to say that. It’s much, much better than butter for the sear.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Mayonnaise is a very polarizing condiment. I love it. It's 17ing delicious.

I have a theory: every person that hates mayo was raised by a mother whom also hates mayo.
When I was little, I loved it. As a college age person, hated it. Now I’m pretty indifferent. I have to have it on a BLT. I like it on a burger occasionally. Duke’s over Blue Plate, personally, but I’ll eat both. Don’t care for Hellmans.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login