Since we went gimmicky with Leach bin football why don’t we go the same route in

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Rodney Hood would have been there too.

Possibly. I know Stansbury supposedly got him to "agree" to come back, but there was smoke before Stansbury was fired. I'm sort of skeptical whether all the decision makers were bought in on him staying at MSU even if Stansbury had been retained.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I was trying to imagine a leach basketball offense ....

a pg standing at the top of the key, stagnant. 20 passes around the 3pt line while others are cutting to the basket over and over until a pass is completed inside the paint for a short shot.

No dribble drives allowed.

The Leach basketball offense is just a motion offense. Do the same four or five things over and over and react to what the defense does. Unstoppable if you do it correctly unless the other team just has a lot more talent than you. Only difference is that your offensive players that can execute at a high level also have to be able to play defense. Pretty much impossible to do in college unless you are willing to trade off athleticism for ability to execute (which is why you see it more in the lower divisions) and can't do it in the NBA because the shot clock is too short.

MadDawg.sixpack

May 22, 2006
It'll go down as the biggest mistake in MSU basketball history. Decade later, still have not recovered. Worse than Ole Miss firing Cutcliffe.

The only people that will disagree with this are those that spent years trying to convince everyone Stans was terrible. Ten long years and we are still trying to get better results than the ones that got Stans fired. I guess we just lowered our standards.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login