Singer booted from CWS gig over "horns down" gesture.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They are. But in this case, it's totally inappropriate for the singer of the national anthem. They made the right call.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
He shouldn't do that. Just say Go To Hell Ole Miss like all reasonable, intelligent people do and everyone but Ole Miss fans will agree.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
There's recent precedent that nothing happens to you when you use that one

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
I don’t get the impression that anyone at Texas cares too much about Horns down. ECU fans did it non-stop in the super this past weekend and it didn’t seem to matter to anyone. I bet it continues when Texas joins SEC. Fans have the right to raz the other team. Keep it up.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Kendall Rogers made me laugh... Can we alter the wording of the National Anthem just during the College World Series?

[FONT="]And the rockets red glare, and the horns down was still there.— Kendall Rogers (@KendallRogers) June 15, 2022 [/FONT]

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
He is an A&M Alum. So if he wore a A&M jersey would that be an issue? I have been to many a ball park where the Anthem singer might say something like "Go Cubbies" or "Lets go Mets". I truly believe most kids in Mississippi State maroon believe the last five words of the national anthem are "go to hell Ole Miss". We have got to stop being offended where non is intended (or even if it is).

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Yeah but, How many of those events were put on by the NCAA?

Their microphone, and they must be neutral. (or give that look).

I fully understand kicking him to the curb.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Have you ever seen the singer of the national anthem end with Go to Hell Ole Miss? Of course not. That would be completely inappropriate, just as much as if a singer ended it with Go to Hell Mississippi State. Or with a downwards horns symbol.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
So let me get this straight, ending the national anthem with GTHOM or Hail State or flashing the horns down symbol is fine, but kneeling during the national anthem is horrible and disrespectful. Hmmmm.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Flashed it after singing national anthem during WCWS. Can't wait to experience that soft Texas "energy" when they join the league.
https://www.espn.com/college-sports...rld-series-performance-canceled-horns-gesture

Give this place a couple of years around those ******** and not only will we be giving the "horns down" ourselves as MSU fans but wishing we still only had the aTm Crew as the only Texans to deal with.

Trust me The only thing worse than Longhorns are Sooners and we just let them in the room. Oh well.

View attachment 24604

View attachment 24605

Last edited:

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I have absolutely heard and seen a national anthem singer end with a statement for the home team.

Is it okay to end with a horns up sign? Horns down is not a "cuss word" no matter how much Longhorn fans might want it to be.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He is an A&M Alum. So if he wore a A&M jersey would that be an issue? I have been to many a ball park where the Anthem singer might say something like "Go Cubbies" or "Lets go Mets". I truly believe most kids in Mississippi State maroon believe the last five words of the national anthem are "go to hell Ole Miss". We have got to stop being offended where non is intended (or even if it is).

It'd have been fine if he had done something for his school and not "against" another school. CWS might wouldn't prefer it, but probably not anything that would cause them to do anything, unless they explicitly told him not to.

It's not a big deal. It's not like he was integral to the tournament. I doubt anybody knows who he is? He made the sign and CWS did what they had to do and he is joking about it. Had it been somebody that was not completely interchangeable with the next option, they probably would have had a different response. But it seems like everybody has more or less the right perspective.

And do the people that sing the national anthem for the school ever end it with go to hell ole miss? I would say they shouldn't do that even at an MSU hosted event, but certainly if they did that at an event hosted by a non-MSU affiliated/supporting group, I doubt they'd be invited back.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This wasn't a home game and not a statement for a team. Not the same situation at all.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login