So a couple of rookie JPD officers decide to get high in the Flowood Nature Park

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
[FONT=&quot]Short and McCarty have been placed on leave, with pay, pending an investigation. Davis has requested body cam footage from Flowood police.[/FONT]

Who is 'Davis'? The article just lists that name at the end without context.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
Do the Flowood PoPos know how hard it is to get a recruit to even sign up for the Dept. much less make it through boot camp? As I recall, they only graduated 5 in that class and now two of them are likely out for doing wacky tobaccy. I see they had their guns with them while they smoked. If they were going to toke and tote, they should have gone to Livingston Park or Battlefield, which the JPD officers avoid like the plague because they do not have enough patty wagons to handle all the folks they would arrest if they cruised through either of those two dope dealing havens.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
"In closed society where everybody is guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."

Last edited:

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
At least they were smart enough to avoid Battlefield Park. They must value their lives. I use to work right next door to that park. Good area to get shot in

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
I love getting high in that park

Never once seen a cop that wasn't in the parking lot. Then again I'm just a regular looking white guy.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
The question is, why not stay in Jackson? Why drive to a place that you're essentially assured to get caught?

6 of one, half dozen of the other. You can get robbed smoking in Jackson, you can only get arrested in Flowood.

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015
MS is still arresting folks for marijuana?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Of all the places in the metro I'd chose to break the law, Flowood would be at the very bottom. Look at the court docket, they charge kids with vaping.

dawglawz

Nov 14, 2012
In MS it's the "paraphernalia" that will get you. Bigger penalties than being caught with MJ (less than 30 grams) only.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
It's freakin weed dude.
Dude, let me tell you something. If you can’t see that there is a problem with two JAX police officers smoking weed in a public park while having weapons with them, one in plain sight, then DUDE, maybe You need to lay off weed for a bit.
Or maybe get just a little less Woke.
You’re probably one that’s calling for more liberal ******** like defunding the police.
JAX needs to definitely defund these two idiots and they need to serve some serious jail time and never be allowed to even work security at a 17ing Mapco.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
Dude, let me tell you something. If you can’t see that there is a problem with two JAX police officers smoking weed in a public park while having weapons with them, one in plain sight, then DUDE, maybe You need to lay off weed for a bit.
Or maybe get just a little less Woke.
You’re probably one that’s calling for more liberal ******** like defunding the police.
JAX needs to definitely defund these two idiots and they need to serve some serious jail time and never be allowed to even work security at a 17ing Mapco.

Of all the changes we desperately need to how we regulate guns in this country, carrying while smoking a little MJ is near the bottom of my concerns.

G-Dawg

Sep 6, 2012
Who is 'Davis'? The article just lists that name at the end without context.

I see this all the time in papers now. It's usually where they used the full name earlier in the article when writing it, then used the last name everywhere else, but then someone edited the part that had the first name without fixing the rest of it.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
.....with guns on them.

I suspect these guys are future Darwin award winners.

https://www.wlbt.com/2021/12/20/2-r...after-complaint-marijuana-smell-flowood-park/

Why do we care, they weren't on duty were they?

This is what's wrong with our laws. We care about things that hurt no one.

You tell me two guys get drunk in a park with guns and that's much more troubling. Drunks shoot people.

If you smoke a joint, you don't go around shooting people. In fact, the opposite happens. People chill out.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012

You tell me two guys get drunk in a park with guns and that's much more troubling. Drunks shoot people.

If you smoke a joint, you don't go around shooting people. In fact, the opposite happens. People chill out.

The idea that weed makes everyone chill is false. There are so many different strains now and some cause anxiety and depression in certain people. It's not a one stop puff for chill like some think. But I am for legalizing it. I have to sneak around just to get my medicinal.

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
Of all the changes we desperately need to how we regulate guns in this country, carrying while smoking a little MJ is near the bottom of my concerns.

There were also cited for "open container violation" which means they were drinking alcohol as well. I love booze and guns as much as anyone, but the 2 dont mix well and especially not in a public park where families and kids are present. Such behavior should be high on any communities list of things to eradicate. I hope the Rankin DA throws the book at these morons.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
There were also cited for "open container violation" which means they were drinking alcohol as well. I love booze and guns as much as anyone, but the 2 dont mix well and especially not in a public park where families and kids are present. Such behavior should be high on any communities list of things to eradicate. I hope the Rankin DA throws the book at these morons.

Thats fair, but I wouldn't say throw the book at them for a first offense. I believe the DUI model would work well for regulating guns. First offense, significant fine (>$1000), suspension of gun rights for short time (1 or 2 months). 2nd offense, throw the book at them.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
What other laws do you find acceptable for our enforcers to ignore? Be made at our law makers, not our law enforcers. If we’re going to ignore laws on the books, maybe we should just get rid of the laws so they can’t be used against us when convenient. Just a thought.

I’ll go ahead and apologize to those that find this thinking “dangerous”.***

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
The idea that weed makes everyone chill is false. There are so many different strains now and some cause anxiety and depression in certain people. It's not a one stop puff for chill like some think. But I am for legalizing it. I have to sneak around just to get my medicinal.

Good point, I am not terribly informed. I have not smoked it but once or twice in my life 40 years ago. I did try an edible in Illinois a couple years ago and man I slept like a baby that night. I would have not driven, I felt too impaired for that but not nearly as much as I would have been under the influence of alcohol.

I just know it is way less dangerous than people said. It actually has cancer fighting agents, helps a lot of people stay away from narcotics for pain relief and the people that I know that use it occasionally are not nearly as affected as those that drink alcohol.

It should be legal, period. 75 % of the state voted for it this past election and our elected officials found away to block it against the voting publics will.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021

If you want this area to be a place that is family friendly and attracts people, you can't have guys drinking and smoking with guns in the public parks.

I'm all for drinking and smoking, but there are places that it just doesn't need to be done. Alcohol and tobacco aren't even allowed there:

https://www.cityofflowood.com/flowood-nature-park

There's just no excuse for this, especially from cops.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Good point, I am not terribly informed. I have not smoked it but once or twice in my life 40 years ago. I did try an edible in Illinois a couple years ago and man I slept like a baby that night. I would have not driven, I felt too impaired for that but not nearly as much as I would have been under the influence of alcohol.

I just know it is way less dangerous than people said. It actually has cancer fighting agents, helps a lot of people stay away from narcotics for pain relief and the people that I know that use it occasionally are not nearly as affected as those that drink alcohol.

It should be legal, period. 75 % of the state voted for it this past election and our elected officials found away to block it against the voting publics will.
I assume most all of us agree it should be legal. But even if it was, chances are it wouldn't be allowed in that park, just like drinking and tobacco. And rightfully so, it's a children's park. Get 17ed up at home.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login