So a somebody recorded an audio..... WOW!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Supposedly, somebody recorded Leach talking and that's where DJ got that from.

Now.... That's in of itself an issue. Whoever did that, I hope they are removed and are never employed again around football or sports.

This sounds like a set up to me.

Tsunhater

Nov 2, 2012
Transcript? Link? Go on....
We will never hear anything because it either doesn’t exist or it would be career suicide if it got out. I’m siding with a Twitter wannabe saying they have something they don’t.

Reactions: cytubb

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Transcript? Link? Go on....

It's real! It's been confirmed by writers. Evidently, a player recorded this (and it involved recruiting). This made it's way to DJ. So we do not know the context of all of that was stated.

Tsunhater

Nov 2, 2012
It's real! It's been confirmed by writers. Evidently, a player recorded this (and it involved recruiting). This made it's way to DJ. So we do not know the context of all of that was stated.
What writers confirmed?

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Picking up on this from 247. No clue what leach said, perhaps it was innocent, perhaps it was real ******...but sounds like we mole in the program. Popcorn time. And EMSTATE

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Picking up on this from 247. No clue what leach said, perhaps it was innocent, perhaps it was real ******...but sounds like we mole in the program. Popcorn time. And EMSTATE
Yes. 247 writers.

Some former players are laughing about it. "This is child's play compared to what Balis and Hevesy said to me when I was injured at practice"

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Whatever happened to two people talking about their differences? Nothing pisses me off more than a whiny ***** taking their ball and going home. DJ is a quitter and a sore loser it would seem. Also, don’t forget he’s not a college student, he’s a paid professional just like they all wanted. His boss said something he didn’t like. Deal with it and prove him wrong.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015

Now.... That's in of itself an issue. Whoever did that, I hope they are removed and are never employed again around football or sports.

Of course it does. Everything seems like a conspiracy when your head is buried in the sand.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009

It’s real, I have heard it and yes it is being blown out of proportion by a spoiled brat who got his feelings hurt. Damn this generation is soft.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Much to do about nothing. If he wants to leave, 17 ing leave. He obviously wasn't all in or got panties in a wad over something someone else got. Hell, go to TSUN.
We don't give a schitt.
I have no InSite lead or info but my guess it centers around NIL in one form or another.

Reactions: J-Dawg

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
Honestly, as pessimistic as I can be - this actually makes me feel really good about Leach and know that he’s out there recruiting and putting in work. We want our coaches talking about immediate opportunities to recruits and gaps they see on the team to emphasize opportunity (playing time) for players quicker. Nice job Leach!

Honestly, it’s way better than sitting on a couch and texting your coaches while they’re out recruiting, “Is he a player?”

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

So DJ’s comment came from Leach addressing a group and not a one on one conversation? As a leader, anytime I’ve had someone take personal offense to something I said to a group of people it was because the shoe fit and they felt targeted.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I wanna hear the recording. I hope he was telling Dowdell that we needed him to come in and provide some toughness to our RB room. Maybe that's where it came from. Or I bet it was this past weekend when we had all those croots in here on visits. He probly said we want players that are tough, fast and smart

Reactions: Anon1669338224

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Yes. 247 writers.

Some former players are laughing about it. "This is child's play compared to what Balis and Hevesy said to me when I was injured at practice"
Yeah, the people making a stink over this have obviously never played a down in their life. This generation gets their panties in a wad over things like my Jr. High coach would have said.

Reactions: GomJabbar

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
It was another player that Leach was talking to and that player recorded the conversation. And let DJ hear it. DJ had already let the coaches know that he was going in the portal to transfer. Allegedly , he's been talking to Oklahoma for a little over a week and they were in the NIL negotiation stage. (Tampering). It was a dick move by the player that recorded it and I suspect that player will be moving on soon. Having said that. WTF is Leach doing bad mouthing a player to another player??? How could that EVER turn out well?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It was another player that Leach was talking to and that player recorded the conversation. And let DJ hear it. DJ had already let the coaches know that he was going in the portal to transfer. Allegedly , he's been talking to Oklahoma for a little over a week and they were in the NIL negotiation stage. (Tampering). It was a dick move by the player that recorded it and I suspect that player will be moving on soon. Having said that. WTF is Leach doing bad mouthing a player to another player??? How could that EVER turn out well?
If DJ had already told Leach he was leaving, it would be fine to tell a RB recruit that we expect more out of them than that, and it would also be fine to tell him that we don't want players like that on our team. Haven't heard the audio but honestly, I'd be shocked if I heard it and found fault with what Leach said, in context. I have been shocked before...

• Haha
Reactions: GomJabbar

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012

Honestly, as pessimistic as I can be - this actually makes me feel really good about Leach and know that he’s out there recruiting and putting in work. We want our coaches talking about immediate opportunities to recruits and gaps they see on the team to emphasize opportunity (playing time) for players quicker. Nice job Leach!

Honestly, it’s way better than sitting on a couch and texting your coaches while they’re out recruiting, “Is he a player?”
Why would a player be randomly recording leach? How would he know he was about to ramble off? Are all of Leach’s conversations recorded?

Oh, this wasn’t a 1on1 conversation. I see

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Coaches talk about players in front of other players HOPING it will get back to them.
Go back and watch film, DJ is a great athlete and you gotta wish him the best for his personal future at this point, but there are a number of plays where his effort pales in comparison to Woody's.
Everybody needs to move on.

Reactions: yakalot2

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Can we get one link to what's being discussed? It's not hard to link things. It's right there in the toolbar.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
\
I wanna hear the recording. I hope he was telling Dowdell that we needed him to come in and provide some toughness to our RB room. Maybe that's where it came from. Or I bet it was this past weekend when we had all those croots in here on visits. He probly said we want players that are tough, fast and smart

This is the transcript:

"Especially not going to be excited about a guy that leaves. Dillon Johnson is leaving. I am actually sort of glad, cause I don't think he's very tough, so Dillion Johnson is leaving."

That's not my transcript. That is the 247 guys

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
So if the transcript posted above is accurate, DJ decided to leave before Leach made the comments that were recorded. Something doesn’t pass the smell test. I would love the video to be leaked so we can find out the recruit that did it and he has to go play FCS.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Coach called me a soft fan for leaving the ETSU game with 4 minutes remaining and said he was glad I was leaving

I agreed with him and left if off social media because I don't like drama

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
So if the transcript posted above is accurate, DJ decided to leave before Leach made the comments that were recorded. Something doesn’t pass the smell test. I would love the video to be leaked so we can find out the recruit that did it and he has to go play FCS.
I would say it was another RB. And both will not have the option of staying at this point.

You can not let a player get away with undermining the staff.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
mob GIF by South Park

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
The story is that Leach was talking to another member of the team (not a recruit) and who is very likely another RB currently on the team. At this point, DJ had already told Leach and others that he was gone. The player was recording Leach secretly (which evidently isn’t illegal in Mississippi) and he asked Leach a couple of questions about DJ’s departure and Leach said something along the lines of “Well, he’s leaving….I’m sort of glad…turns out he’s not very tough”. From that, I don’t think Leach was questioning his physical toughness (because he the kid has demonstrated his physical toughness many times). Seems more like he questioned his mental toughness because he quit on his team. Coaches talk to players about things like that all the time in the hope that kids may respond to that from a motivational basis. Kids these days don’t get motivated by that-they get pissed off and get on Twitter. The things my little league coaches said to us, the way we were screamed at and dog-cussed by coaches in junior high school and high school would have shocked these entitled punks to the core. I don’t see any way that the player who did the recording can be allowed to stay, and any school that contacts Leach about why he left should be told why. That’s not a guy you want in your locker room.

Reactions: cytubb

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
The story is that Leach was talking to another member of the team (not a recruit) and who is very likely another RB currently on the team. At this point, DJ had already told Leach and others that he was gone. The player was recording Leach secretly (which evidently isn’t illegal in Mississippi) and he asked Leach a couple of questions about DJ’s departure and Leach said something along the lines of “Well, he’s leaving….I’m sort of glad…turns out he’s not very tough”. From that, I don’t think Leach was questioning his physical toughness (because he the kid has demonstrated his physical toughness many times). Seems more like he questioned his mental toughness because he quit on his team. Coaches talk to players about things like that all the time in the hope that kids may respond to that from a motivational basis. Kids these days don’t get motivated by that-they get pissed off and get on Twitter. The things my little league coaches said to us, the way we were screamed at and dog-cussed by coaches in junior high school and high school would have shocked these entitled punks to the core. I don’t see any way that the player who did the recording can be allowed to stay, and any school that contacts Leach about why he left should be told why. That’s not a guy you want in locker room.
I actually ran into an old coach of mine a few years back. We were talking and recalling some old times. During the conversation he actually paused and apologized to me for some of the stuff he said and did. I stopped him before he finished and told him no apology was necessary. It was just part of the game back then. I was a knucklehead and prolly deserved some of it but these kids today think the world owes them something. It's part of the reason this whole damn country has turned to ****. I didn't raise my kids that way. My son came to me one day and told me thanks for not telling him what he wanted to hear but for telling him what he needed to hear. It makes a difference.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
You should have heard Sprayberry cussing out of shape linemen back in the 70’s.
Bunch of entitled wusses. Look I had coaches that ran me to hell and back and called me names that would make Lucifer Morningstar blush. This whole society is so scared to hurt someone's feelings and so sensitive it makes me sick to my stomach. That's why I love Leach. We need more like him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login