So, about our pitching

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It's starting to blow up. Players/parents are letting all the secrets of a shattered program loose. This is going to get some kind of ugly.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I was at Tuscaloosa on Thursday, sitting next to our dugout. That was an excited dugout. The pitching was effective. Cade only lasted three. Colby Holcombe did the job after a shaky start, as a middle reliever. KC allowed base runners, but we won 12-8.
Young hitters were smashing the ball.

Some times I wonder about some of you blow torches who get on the website and blow sh*t out of your butts.

Yeah, we are losing big time, but there is coaching going on, and these kids are growing, daily.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I was at Tuscaloosa on Thursday, sitting next to our dugout. That was an excited dugout. The pitching was effective. Cade only lasted three. Colby Holcombe did the job after a shaky start, as a middle reliever. KC allowed base runners, but we won 12-8.
We gave up 8 runs (7 earned) in game 1 of a series against a team in lower half of the league. Each of our 3 pitchers had an ERA of at least 6.00 in that game. That's not effective pitching. At all.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Are the coaches calling HBP, Wild pitches and ball 4 walks? Curious. We have 1.8 pitchers this season.
Of course not but there is no way you can have this many pitchers with serious control problems two years in a row by pure chance. We have an obvious coaching problem.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We gave up 8 runs (7 earned) in game 1 of a series against a team in lower half of the league. Each of our 3 pitchers had an ERA of at least 6.00 in that game. That's not effective pitching. At all.
We won. It was effective enough.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lemonis needs to kick a couple off the team. In my own personal experience with the much-maligned youth travel ball circuit, this has proven to be extremely effective at remedying team attitude problems.

There was a fireball that used to head up my old company's division, that I was in, back in the younger days. My boss was having trouble 'motivating' our team. The fireball division head's advice to my boss? "Pick one of them, and FIRE THEIR ***". Well, he didn't, and the talent eventually left, and that 'team' is still there, with much less production, to say the least.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Are the coaches calling HBP, Wild pitches and ball 4 walks? Curious. We have 1.8 pitchers this season.
Maybe it's sailing over my head, but I'm not getting the argument here. This isn't pro ball where each team has a GM and owner deciding who stays and goes. A college coach's top two responsibilities are assembling the roster and hiring a staff to develop them, and this staff has done an embarrassingly poor job at both

Reactions: preacher_dawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Maybe it's sailing over my head, but I'm not getting the argument here. This isn't pro ball where each team has a GM and owner deciding who stays and goes. A college coach's top two responsibilities are assembling the roster and hiring a staff to develop them, and this staff has done an embarrassingly poor job at both
So the parents are upset at the coaches choosing their sons and then not making them better than they are. Got it.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Young hitters were smashing the ball.

Some times I wonder about some of you blow torches who get on the website and blow sh*t out of your butts.

Yeah, we are losing big time, but there is coaching going on, and these kids are growing, daily.
At this juncture, a change in leadership is needed and it's evident.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
So the parents are upset at the coaches choosing their sons and then not making them better than they are. Got it.
I don’t know about the choosing their kids part, but I can definitely see them being upset at the coaches for essentially failing to do any portion of their job

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Oh look. Cooter has started yet another thread about how poor the pitching has been.
We have a pitching problem?
Nervous Oh No GIF by ABC Network

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm mad that the coaches didn't get $4M to get 5 weekend starters and a closer

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login