So Cohen Has His Man?

Dec 23, 2017
Will it be Hugh Freeze or Lane Kiffin? TSUN nervious. Or maybe great friend Don Mullin? Kiffin and Mullin never beat bammer. Freeze had the ball bounce right a few times. Caddy wants the job so badly, run crazy and has energized the program to Super Bowl level heights (LOL) according the "family". Beating TA$MU was a monumental achievement. Western KY is coming. Then the Iron Bowl awaits. auburn wants they're man soon as early signing day is nearing. Fan base is pumped, off the charts. auburn is 4-6.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
In 2018 Gary Henderson had us one win away from the championship series in Omaha. Currently he coaches at Utah.

Cohen isn't hiring Cadillac.
He may not, but our fan base didn’t react to Henderson the way Auburn is losing their mind over Caddy right now.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
I was hanging out at the Pony after the game Saturday …guy came in looked pretty haggard sat down by me up front. Said his name was Joey Freshwater and he had a long day..something about his old boss keeps messing with him. Long story short he had nice time with the ladies but seemed a little aloof, said he was heading to south Alabama for a quick meeting. I walked out with him and he climbed in a Home Depot rental loaded with pressure treated fence post. Kinda of odd but each to his own

Dec 23, 2017
Can you imagine aubure turning to Mississippi connections to hire the next football coach? If Mullins is the man, Cam will be very pleased. auburn has a Target too.

FourthStringPunter

Oct 16, 2022
What’s Kiffen’s IQ? Is Caddy a savant? Was Rosebowl wrong about Freeze? Find the correct answer and there’s your new coach.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
He may not, but our fan base didn’t react to Henderson the way Auburn is losing their mind over Caddy right now.
Could you imagine if they pull off the upset in Tuscaloosa? They haven't won there since they had Cam in 2010.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Kiffin and he’s bringping Judkins, dart and several other players

ole miss is screwed

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Will it be Hugh Freeze or Lane Kiffin? TSUN nervious. Or maybe great friend Don Mullin? Kiffin and Mullin never beat bammer. Freeze had the ball bounce right a few times. Caddy wants the job so badly, run crazy and has energized the program to Super Bowl level heights (LOL) according the "family". Beating TA$MU was a monumental achievement. Western KY is coming. Then the Iron Bowl awaits. auburn wants they're man soon as early signing day is nearing. Fan base is pumped, off the charts. auburn is 4-6.
If Cohen does hire Kiff.... Is there a homecoming revival in Oxford?

• Haha
Reactions: bolddogge

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
According to the moderator on the ole Miss board, Kiffin is currently negotiating with auburn. 77-100 million dollar deal, I’d say he’s gone

we will get a lot of their recruits

patdog

May 28, 2007
I was hanging out at the Pony after the game Saturday …guy came in looked pretty haggard sat down by me up front. Said his name was Joey Freshwater and he had a long day..something about his old boss keeps messing with him. Long story short he had nice time with the ladies but seemed a little aloof, said he was heading to south Alabama for a quick meeting. I walked out with him and he climbed in a Home Depot rental loaded with pressure treated fence post. Kinda of odd but each to his own
That's awesome!

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I thought Dart transferred from USC to the 'Sip? Doesn't the rules say you can only transfer 1 time?
Yeah I don't think you get a free transfer after the first, so he'd have to sit a year. I'll believe it's Kiffin when I see it. It'd be too much fun for it to be him, for State that is, so I'm skeptical. We don't get nice things.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
According to the moderator on the ole Miss board, Kiffin is currently negotiating with auburn. 77-100 million dollar deal, I’d say he’s gone

I’m gonna say that moderator doesn’t know anything. That’s a huge difference in negotiations and no way either side would be discussing that publicly. This sounds like more of OM spin for when Kiffen doesn’t get hired. “Kiffen turns down $100mil to stay on the square for $30mil because it’s so nice.”

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
How much does the 4 year limit come into play here? If Ole Miss offers Kiffin a raise to 10 a year, but Auburn offers 11 a year but guaranteed for 8 years, then Kiffin would have to turn down a guaranteed 48 million dollars. That's a lot to turn down.

The 4 year limit hurts them, but it also keeps the MS schools from a Jimbo situation. Cant decide which is better.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Cohen didn't have anything. He ain't the one making the hire. He might type up the contract and print it and put his signature on it, but he ain't doing the real hiring.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I don't know how to break it to you guys, BUT... Kiffin is staying put in Oxford. He has been contacted - over a month ago - there were negotiations. And agreement was not reached.
Not sure who Aubie gets, but it will not be Kiffin.
And I am sad about it.
Kiffin may not ever leave Oxford. We need to prepare.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I don't know how to break it to you guys, BUT... Kiffin is staying put in Oxford. He has been contacted - over a month ago - there were negotiations. And agreement was not reached.
Not sure who Aubie gets, but it will not be Kiffin.
And I am sad about it.
Kiffin may not ever leave Oxford. We need to prepare.
Wait, so according to you, the hottest name in coaching right now is going to leave tens of millions of dollars on the table to stay at Ole Miss?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that seems rather unlikely.

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
I hope Kiffin stays. I don't want any excuses when we start beating them on a regular basis. Amazing the amount of people that want him to leave so they are down instead of us stepping up our game.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
How much does the 4 year limit come into play here? If Ole Miss offers Kiffin a raise to 10 a year, but Auburn offers 11 a year but guaranteed for 8 years, then Kiffin would have to turn down a guaranteed 48 million dollars. That's a lot to turn down.

The 4 year limit hurts them, but it also keeps the MS schools from a Jimbo situation. Cant decide which is better.
I don't think it's that big of an issue. The $40M guaranteed may as well be $50M because he'd pretty much be guaranteed an extension at least the 1st year. If it turns into a pure bidding war with no other considerations, Mississippi can't match Auburn anyway (and in your scenario, they don't match the annual salary). I think it's more a question of does he want to leave for Auburn, or does he want to leave for a bigger job (A&M, Texas, Florida, FSU, Alabama, etc.?).

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Doubtful that it's Kiffin. He's probably thinking Saban is close to hanging it up or eyeing the OU or Texas job. Yeah, AU might throw him a ton of money, but Kiffin is going to be able to be very picky and won't exactly go poor being patient while in Oxford.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I agree with that statement. I figure he will wait for Bama or something just as elite. Not Auburn. Too much drama and not that much better than OM. He has no pressure currently.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022

I believed every word of this story until I got to the south Alabama part. Everyone knows it is called L.A.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Burt those who said something about Freshwater a couple weeks ago were told we were idiots he was never going to leave Ole Miss. What changed?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I believed every word of this story until I got to the south Alabama part. Everyone knows it is called L.A.
90s/00s- A professor in the College of Business used to tell the class she was from LA and then smile. It was dumb the first time and it was still dumb the 15th time.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Burt those who said something about Freshwater a couple weeks ago were told we were idiots he was never going to leave Ole Miss. What changed?
They're just trying to get their fans on edge so that when he doesn't get the job, they can say "Lane loves OM! He'll never leave us."
I tell you it is already done. Lane's not leaving. If he does, something quite significant would have changed. It has not been about money. Lane's got more control and more options in Oxford.
If he goes to Auburn, he will have no where left to go --- but down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login