So Cohen Has His Man?

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Judkins is an Bammer boy. Free agency is killing college athletics.
Judkins and dart will both be playing for auburn next year
Burt those who said something about Freshwater a couple weeks ago were told we were idiots he was never going to leave Ole Miss. What changed?
well, auburn is offering 10-11 million a year for longer than the four years ole miss can offer 7.5. That’s a big one

i think we get 2 to 3 of their instate recruits.

the people claiming Kiffin isn’t leaving are ole miss homers, a few appear to be posting on here.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I was hanging out at the Pony after the game Saturday …guy came in looked pretty haggard sat down by me up front. Said his name was Joey Freshwater and he had a long day..something about his old boss keeps messing with him. Long story short he had nice time with the ladies but seemed a little aloof, said he was heading to south Alabama for a quick meeting. I walked out with him and he climbed in a Home Depot rental loaded with pressure treated fence post. Kinda of odd but each to his own

Redford Well Done.jpg

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I have no idea, but I am going to have some popcorn ready when the stoyr breaks.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
78 million for 7 years guaranteed is what ole Miss board claims is being offered

almost Jimbo like offer

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They're just trying to get their fans on edge so that when he doesn't get the job, they can say "Lane loves OM! He'll never leave us."
I tell you it is already done. Lane's not leaving. If he does, something quite significant would have changed. It has not been about money. Lane's got more control and more options in Oxford.
If he goes to Auburn, he will have no where left to go --- but down.
Just to be clear I said he may go to Auburn but if he didn't that didn't mean he was never going to leave. I just said everyone has a price unless they are deeply tied to the school, like Bear and Bama. Yet, I was chastised by the Debbie Downer Dogs. Hey! Maybe I invented something new here!

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Just to be clear I said he may go to Auburn but if he didn't that didn't mean he was never going to leave. I just said everyone has a price unless they are deeply tied to the school, like Bear and Bama. Yet, I was chastised by the Debbie Downer Dogs. Hey! Maybe I invented something new here!
I believe he will leave Oxford at some point. At least, I hope to God he does! But he's sitting pretty right now - plenty of money - plenty of power and an awful long leash. He will not have enough power at Auburn and he'll be on a short leash.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
For everyone who says Kiffin is waiting on a bigger school, why can't he wait at Auburn for a year or two and make more money? You haven't seen a meltdown like the day Bama hires the coach away from Auburn. That might break the internet.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I was hanging out at the Pony after the game Saturday …guy came in looked pretty haggard sat down by me up front. Said his name was Joey Freshwater and he had a long day..something about his old boss keeps messing with him. Long story short he had nice time with the ladies but seemed a little aloof, said he was heading to south Alabama for a quick meeting. I walked out with him and he climbed in a Home Depot rental loaded with pressure treated fence post. Kinda of odd but each to his own
YellaWood fence posts we assume

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I’m gonna say that moderator doesn’t know anything. That’s a huge difference in negotiations and no way either side would be discussing that publicly. This sounds like more of OM spin for when Kiffen doesn’t get hired. “Kiffen turns down $100mil to stay on the square for $30mil because it’s so nice.”
^^^ this raht 'chere ^^^

OM are masters at turning any situation into positive spin for them....the kings of propaganda.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I believe he will leave Oxford at some point. At least, I hope to God he does! But he's sitting pretty right now - plenty of money - plenty of power and an awful long leash. He will not have enough power at Auburn and he'll be on a short leash.
You flash enough cash in his face and he won't give two $#!ts about a "short leash."

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
For everyone who says Kiffin is waiting on a bigger school, why can't he wait at Auburn for a year or two and make more money? You haven't seen a meltdown like the day Bama hires the coach away from Auburn. That might break the internet.
Good answer. He knows he holds the keys to several cars in the shop. It's just a matter of what he wants to drive next year. We've all seen that coaching "contracts" are just a matter of money and I'm sad to say the days of only playing or coaching for the school you grew up loving, and dreaming of playing for usually only lasts until they get offered enough money.

Loyalty these days lasts till an offer of more power and money, mostly money.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Oxford's nice. Auburn's nice. Take the money and the long-term contract if offered. If it doesn't work out, he'll get another second chance. Maybe a few more second chances and he'll still be richer. Not sure what his family situation is like but that kind of status and cash could lead to some younger Alabama gals, real housewife types, showing a lot of interest in him. Take the cash if offered. I think he's a damn good coach so I'd like to see him leave Oxford.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I can't remember who it was but he taught finance and his wife also taught in McCool. She was from UCLA and he always made fun of her about it. I was thinking Dr Moore but may be wrong
That’s them. I was in the wife’s class. It was one of my favorites. Principles of Production Management.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I honestly don't think you can move on from Auburn. I am at a loss for an Aubie Coach that left for a better coaching job elsewhere. Help me out.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
I hope Kiffin stays. I don't want any excuses when we start beating them on a regular basis. Amazing the amount of people that want him to leave so they are down instead of us stepping up our game.
I want both!

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He can, but presumably Auburn is going to negotiate a hefty buyout before committing that type of money. And he may be concerned that ADs will be hesitant to hire somebody that is now leaving an almost blue blood for the second time before finishing even two years of a contract. And if he goes and Auburn boosters undercut him, he may end up in a toxic situation and no longer desirable to true blue bloods.

The flipside is if he steps back at Oxford, that could hurt him with blue bloods although I don't think that's really a concern. As long as he doesn't fall off a cliff, taking a step back at Ole Miss isn't going to hurt his stock that much.

I certainly won't be surprised to see Lane go to Auburn. Auburn can pay and you can win a championship at Auburn, so that may be all Lane is looking for to jump ship. But if I were Lane, I'd rather be at A&M and be at the little brother school in a state with the resources of Texas than be at the little brother school in a state with the resources of Alabama. It'd be hard to turn down guaranteed money from Auburn, but it'd at least be tempting to pass in hopes that a true blue blood job becomes available.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Alabama will never hire someone who was the head coach at Auburn. That will not happen. But I don’t think Kiffin or any other coach is waiting around on Saban to leave. It comes down to the money. I don’t care how much you make, if you’re gonna turn down tens of millions of dollars you’re gonna need a better reason than “I like the town.”

Dec 23, 2017
Lane was visibly upset at not being able to beat Saban last weekend in Oxford. I find it amusing State fans want him out of Oxford but ok with him at auburn.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Doubtful that it's Kiffin. He's probably thinking Saban is close to hanging it up or eyeing the OU or Texas job. Yeah, AU might throw him a ton of money, but Kiffin is going to be able to be very picky and won't exactly go poor being patient while in Oxford.
Kiffin will never get the Bama job. They do not want him leading their program. And Saban has another 4 or 5 years in him, at least.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Cohen is going to meet expectations with this hire, so go ahead and repeat after me: "Auburn Head Football Coach Will Muschamp"

Dec 23, 2017
Cohen is going to meet expectations with this hire, so go ahead and repeat after me: "Auburn Head Football Coach Will Muschamp"
That may not be too far-fetched. aubies love them some "Boom". Saban is loving it, aubies first requirement is Saban on the resume. Will was Smart's roommate at UGA but 2 years older. However, Will has never beaten bammer as a head coach. I don't believe Muschamp and Saban exchange Christmas cards anymore.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
In 9 years as HC @ FL and SC, Muschamp only had 5 winning seasons and 3 of those 5 he only won 1 more than he lost (56-51 record). If Auburn ran off Malzahn w/ a 67-35 record, they shouldn't even sniff Muschamp's shorts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login