So do we just let Cohen slink back into the office tomorrow morning?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Yep. This is like when he ran his mouth on the baseball hire like we were about to hire a coach who had won a CWS and been to multiple CWS, and it bit him in the *** and he had to go to plan B and C

This is the kind of garbage I was talking about. Taking the greatest hire any MSU AD has ever made since 1878, and trying to turn it into a negative black mark on the hiring AD’s tenure.

Cohen was by no means a perfect AD, but comments like this show how many fans had something far beyond curmudgeoney nitpicks about his performance. That and other crap like condemning him for fictitious construction issues, innocuous tweets from his wife, etc. illustrate a pure hatred of the man. Its pathetic.

Last edited:

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
This is the kind of garbage I was talking about. Taking the greatest hire any MSU hire has ever made since 1878, and trying to turn it into a negative black mark on the hiring AD’s tenure.

Cohen was by no means a perfect AD, but comments like this show how many fans had something far beyond curmudgeoney nitpicks about his performance. That and other crap like condemning him for fictitious construction issues, innocuous tweets from his wife, etc. illustrate a pure hatred of the man. Its pathetic.
Damn. Just let him know how you feel when you're at his house for Thanksgiving

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
This is the kind of garbage I was talking about. Taking the greatest hire any MSU hire has ever made since 1878, and trying to turn it into a negative black mark on the hiring AD’s tenure.

Terd, facts seem to have gotten you all in your feels. Why don't you go back to Jeans page, where you have a safe space. The baseball coaching search was a shite show from the beginning. There is no denying that

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Terd, facts seem to have gotten you all in your feels. Why don't you go back to Jeans page, where you have a safe space. The baseball coaching search was a shite show from the beginning. There is no denying that
There really is only one thing. Did he hire the man that won the national title or not. He did. He could have not hired him and hired a HS coach..etc.

Nothing else to say about.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
So in the real non athletic world when you have a key employee going to a competitor you go get him a cardboard box for his stuff and walk hm to the door. I had to walk a couple out over the years and have seen it done plenty of times. I don’t see why this would be any different. His loyalty is now with your competitor, not you.
Of course, the employer also had the chance to RETAIN a valued employee and the employer messed it up. When you point fingers, there are always three fingers pointing back at you

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Damn. Just let him know how you feel when you're at his house for Thanksgiving

Hahah. I’m sure Mal Moore is also still catching all sorts of hell for getting his 3rd or 4th choice as football coach after Rich Rod left them at the alter and he had to settle for Nick Saban.

If you really believe what you’re typing, I feel sorry for you and will simply exit stage left because you are beyond the scope of reasonable discussion.

Reactions: Ibdancin

ugabully

Feb 10, 2012
Not every employee, but in Cohen’s scenario he is on tail end of career, and already financially set for life. He could have a luxurious retirement tomorrow if he wanted. Can only speak for myself, but I think if most on this board already had “17 you” type money in the bank, the last place most would ever work is an SEC rival. That is what people can’t relate with.
But I can see it IF you told me you were about to fire me, like all the "look elsewhere" talk implies.

But not if you framed it as "we need to move forward in a different way: any chance you'd think of retiring?"

It just seems like there's a way to move on from Cohen where he does move to another SEC west program. Seems like something went bad and doesn't reflect great on State.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
backing up homer simpson GIF

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
Hell no you kick his *** right out. Nobody even wanted him as AD in the first place. He wasn’t a good AD, and AU is a joke for hiring him

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
He didn’t say that was for just interviewing. If an employee is actually leaving for a competitor, you may not want them to work out their 2-week notice, giving them time to collect files, etc. that could help the competition.
Perhaps I did not word things clearly but Bobby Ricigiano you you are correct.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
What “he” are you talking about? I’m talking about Pilgrimdawg, who said in part, “So in the real non athletic world when you have a key employee going to a competitor you go get him a cardboard box for his stuff and walk hm to the door
And I agree that if Cohen has an agreement in place with Auburn then he should no longer be our AD.

The premise of the OP was that the Auburn deal fell through and Cohen shows up for work in Starkville on Monday Morning.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login