So does Garrett stick with us?

Aug 30, 2006
I think Croom will struggle mightily in putting together a class of skill position players (which he desparately needs to do this year) if he can't keep Garrett committed and/or get Russell committed.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
I'm with you.

Garrett will not be worried about anyone's depth chart.

And history shows that the depth chart is obviously WAY down the totem pole of consideration when these kids make their college choice. Spencer Pennington anyone? Ryan Perrilloux anyone? These guys walked away from starting jobs to go sit 4th and 3rd on the depth charts respectively.

I said last summer when the kid verbaled that I hoped like hell we'd see legitimate changes in croom's offense in order to keep him in the fold. So much for that theory.

He HAS to look at other options.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
I hope I am too. I think he'll put together a good skill position class this year because of Garrett. He is the center piece of the 09 class.

G

Goat Holder

Let's face it, while the majority of our fanbase will never say publicly that they question Croom, most of them do and have been, whether it be the losing, fan lashouts, offense, Woody's raise, etc. If he were to lose an MSU legacy, high-character, blue chip QB from an MSU town of all places, I'd say that could push many over the edge and completely off the Croomwagon.

Like I said, we all think it, but none of us say it, outside these boards.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
Garrett probably would do better in a WCO than a spread, which means that we will change to the spread once he gets on campus. We are MSU.

Garrett= Todd Jordan 2.0

Russell= Sleepy Robinson with a better arm and a little slower.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
out of this kid, especially when he looks up and sees nothing significant happening to address an offense that is 6 teams away from dead last in the country. Maybe he's got the intestinal fortitude and thinks enough of croom to be able to sell out to a point where these alleged skill players genuinely believe he's sticking to his commitment to croom and make their own commitment as well. If so, it would be about time that something that special happened to state football.

You'll have to forgive me if I find that hard to believe.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
No meds, just get a kick out of messing with you on this board..

It is funny how some people get so upset over comments on a message board, and I am not even talking about Gene...

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
1. Arkansas fans are by far the dumbest in the SEC.

2. We're not going to fire a coach because he couldn't get a recruit in to MSU. You'll just have the typical GP spin "We wish him well BS". I'll go ahead and say that if he doesn't really want to come here, we're both better off anyway.

3. Most of our fans don't keep up with recruiting.

4. The old "Well, we're MSU" apathy.

G

Goat Holder

the extreme positive side is that we haul in a class like the Eli Manning/Mike Espy class, where Garrett triggers a chain reaction and we straight clean up all the skill players in Mississippi.

Would be nice.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
proclaiming ANY of these HS kids as centerpieces for anything.

Sure, sometimes it works out like Ole Miss and Eli, but more often than not, it works out more like John Parker Wilson at Bama.

G

Goat Holder

so good players started looking Ole Miss's way regardless. JPW was just a local gray shirt.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
and the real ***** is that there is probably some kid from Ethel HS that is an MSU fan that will end up going to Delta State and then go on to a HOF NFL career.

DAMN MSU KARMA!

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Trust me when I say you dont upset me. It is more amusing watching your emotional roller coaster than anything

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
on the kid that signed this year with La Tech and then bolted for Miss. Southern. He'll likely to turn out to be the next Favre.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
with his dream of playing football at State vs the dream of leading a NC contender that plays in front of 90,000 fans every home game. Hopefully we win out. But history tells us LSU has the advantage until signing day.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login