So how'd we not get Altmyer?

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
For those in the know. Not that he'd beat out Rogers. But, the kid is talented and QB's in Leach's system get to throw for miles. So far he looks like he belongs on an SEC roster. Did he just want to leave town? Is Lane just more charming and convincing?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We didn’t offer him. He was going to Mississippi Southern then got a late offer from Ole Miss when one of their QB Croots went somewhere else.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Really? Wow. Dude had to feel insulted. He had offers from good schools. That might inspire some payback from him over the next few years. I like Rogers but Altmyer looks promising. True freshman in the Sugar Bowl and he looks better than the clueless Baylor QB.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Didn’t offer him. Moorhead might have offered if he was still here but Leach had Sawyer

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
For those in the know. Not that he'd beat out Rogers. But, the kid is talented and QB's in Leach's system get to throw for miles. So far he looks like he belongs on an SEC roster. Did he just want to leave town? Is Lane just more charming and convincing?

We didn’t want him.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
He was a low rated sleeper prospect like AJ Brown was. We didn’t want either. Not to mention distance was a factor.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
You just said that Sawyer was 4th string so no, you weren’t talking about Greek.

Good Lord y’all SUCK tonight.

Well, I'm talking about before you had them on campus for a year.

ETA... Trojan compared Sawyer to altmyer, not me. God, you get dumber with each user name

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Who was the best player we’ve ever had from Oxford on the State football team? Also what about other sports?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
he's .5 to .75 seconds late on every pass but when the receiver is open with a 10 yard cushion he does ok #noodlearm

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Well, I'm talking about before you had them on campus for a year.

ETA... Trojan compared Sawyer to altmyer, not me. God, you get dumber with each user name

Op wanted to know why we didn't get him. We already had sawyer a high pass heavy qb prospect. Greek also a Texas passing qb. Starkville high not exactly an air raid. If he wanted to come here it was gonna be a walk on behind those two guys.

He's a better fit for kiffin. Got decent legs. First game with meaningful minutes outside of auburn game. About what I would expect for a freshmen thrown into that. Some decent plays some really bad ones.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login