So.. is anyone going to the Liberty Bowl?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
And is it safe to say that there’s no reason to be paying full price for tickets? Seems like most of these bowl games have tickets at half price on stubhub the week before the game.

I also remember going to the game years ago when Dak beat up on Rice, and there was a cool fan gathering with open bar and bbq before the game. It would be nice to have that again

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Anyone not using a 3rd party app to acquire bowl tickets is a sucker.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
We will be there. Went ahead and got one of the Tiger lane spots last night

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Funny how this has worked out. We're not likely to be at the game in Memphis, but we do plan to attend as many ancillary fan/alumni events as possible up to the 28th. We should be in the area for Christmas.

The hitch is that our son marches in the Tennessee band, so we'll be buying hotel plus tickets to the MCB. I'm just not wealthy enough to buy multiple tickets and multiple hotels for multiple bowl games, 3rd-party-source or not.

Hail State!

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Game time decision. I am right here so it just matters how I feel like that day.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
If I can get off work in time. I live in Desoto County and work in Memphis but others are already off that week so it'll do no good to ask off.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Not exactly thrilled about it but we will probably go. After the loss there earlier in the year I swore that I was not going to another away game this year. I feel bad not supporting the team when they are playing close to home. Also with kickoff being at 5:45 I could skip out of the office early with enough time to make it to the game.

SKYHAWKdawg

Aug 23, 2019
Yea, my fam's looking forward to visiting the 2nd most dangerous city in the US to watch state lose by a FG.****
And is it safe to say that there’s no reason to be paying full price for tickets? Seems like most of these bowl games have tickets at half price on stubhub the week before the game.

I also remember going to the game years ago when Dak beat up on Rice, and there was a cool fan gathering with open bar and bbq before the game. It would be nice to have that again

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Does anyone know what the story is with the team allotments this year? Right now they are open to BDC members, and there are only about 150 seats left on the hailstate site. That will impact the 3rd party site demand this year, if only about 1,000 total are going to be sold through the school.

Am attending w family, already reserved hotel that is a short trolley ride from Beale. Right now planning to Lyft/Uber for the actual game instead of paying to park over there.

Last edited:

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Yeah, I am going. Booked a room at the Moxy Downtown. Probably uber to the game and back.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Uber/Lyft to a game, concert, etc is usually fine and cheap enough because not everybody goes at the same time. In my limited experience though (concerts Nashville and Cardinals baseball) you get 17ed after the event. The prices triple because of demand when event ends and you have to sit in traffic with them unless you can walk part of the way to get away from some of the demand.

And no, I won't be going. Would have to burn most of a day away from work then have to drive back and be 1:00 a.m. getting back home then work the next day or take most of a 2nd day off

Last edited:

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Thanks, it says $5 per person for that shuttle, hoping that would cover before & after the game. Campus might be safer/easier than trying to Uber or park next to stadium.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Rooms are going fast. We're booked at the Comfort Inn on front street. Pretty nice and I like their river view rooms .

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Two buddies and me. Got our tickets today. 100 through BDC. 120 through either Ticketmaster or stub hub

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I went ahead and bought from BDC. MSU looks to be almost sold out, and only 4,300 tickets are on Stubhub. I don’t trust that Stubhub will be flooded with seats this year, like a normal bowl,

Aug 23, 2012
I went to the 2007 Liberty Bowl without tix. I talked with a couple of scalpers who wanted more than face "due to sellout** nature of the game. I offered $10 a piece and when I got back to the car, the last scalper was right behind me begging me to pay $10. A similar thing happened to me at the KY game the year they started out beating LSU and were ranked (might have also been 2007. A scalper offered $200 a piece and I ended up getting 2 for $10.

Anyone not using a 3rd party app to acquire bowl tickets is a sucker.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I’m not able to since it’s middle of the week but I wouldn’t pay full price. I never buy from the school for bowl games because they usually give you a crappy seat that you pay more for. I usually buy stubhub and pay less for a better seat

archdog

Aug 22, 2012

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I won't be going. Pre-planned Disney trip.

But if you pay more than $5 on Stubhub for tickets, you're a sucker.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It's a sixpack myth that large groups of sponsors get tickets and will be giving them away on stubhub an hour before the game. If you're going to the gator bowl for the 2nd time in 3 years, or the gasparilla bowl the day after Christmas... sure.

But I can't see it happening for this game. People said the same thing about the Outback bowl. Not a lot of excitement around Moorhead, long distance to travel, not a lot of tickets sold. I felt bad about paying whatever I did through the BDC. So I watched stubhub starting 2 hours before kickoff until the game started. Nothing available for less than what I paid.

We are going to send good crowds to bowls in Memphis or Nashville so I can't see tickets prices dropping.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Prayers be with you, Lieutenant.

I had the family at Disney (World) two weeks ago, and their new Genie+/Lightning Lane system really, really sucks. And everything was very crowded. We still had a great time, and I was very glad to stay off site at some of the new hotels in Flamingo Crossing. Made entry and exit to the parks very easy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login