So.. is anyone going to the Liberty Bowl?

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
I’m in Desoto County so just waiting a few days before to decide. Will probably depend on weather.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Not game time, but a couple days ahead decision. Waiting to get a feel for the weather.

Same here. My boss is a TTech grad and a huge Leach fan. If the weather is good, we'll probably head that way.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Funny how this has worked out. We're not likely to be at the game in Memphis, but we do plan to attend as many ancillary fan/alumni events as possible up to the 28th. We should be in the area for Christmas.

The hitch is that our son marches in the Tennessee band, so we'll be buying hotel plus tickets to the MCB. I'm just not wealthy enough to buy multiple tickets and multiple hotels for multiple bowl games, 3rd-party-source or not.

Hail State!

Well crap. Travel schedules have nixed our trip to Memphis even for the parade. I'm pretty disappointed. #hailstate anyway.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
By 3rd party do you mean stubhub and Ticketmaster?

They’ve gotten ridiculous with the fees.

33% on list price.

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009
Going. Bought resold tickets on Ticketmaster for a little more than retail, but they are 50 yard line seats around row 40. Also got a 2br Airbnb apt downtown on the pedestrian mall. Got off work the day of the game and the rest of the week.

I wish I could get club level tickets for the Liberty Bowl but don't know how.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
It's a sixpack myth that large groups of sponsors get tickets and will be giving them away on stubhub an hour before the game. If you're going to the gator bowl for the 2nd time in 3 years, or the gasparilla bowl the day after Christmas... sure.

But I can't see it happening for this game. People said the same thing about the Outback bowl. Not a lot of excitement around Moorhead, long distance to travel, not a lot of tickets sold. I felt bad about paying whatever I did through the BDC. So I watched stubhub starting 2 hours before kickoff until the game started. Nothing available for less than what I paid.

We are going to send good crowds to bowls in Memphis or Nashville so I can't see tickets prices dropping.

I paid $12 day of the game for 50 yard line seats on StubHub.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
The Orange Bowl in particular was the perfect storm of cheap Stubhub tickets, and soured lots of people on buying school tickets forever. For that game there were tens of thousands 3rd party tickets available, because scalpers bought out the stadium to guarantee themselves future playoff tickets.

Most bowls, the disparity isn’t that big. Best thing to do each bowl is just check the 3rd party supply before deciding. Right now Stubhub only has 4,200 tickets. MSU only sold 1,000 total (has 50 total left). This game is not going much under face value (unless you are willing to haggle with and pay cash to gameday scalpers, I am not doing that).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login