So it's official? The s h i t h e a d s have hired Beard?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Ole Miss having a Beard…

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
"College sports really needs a commissioner to weed out this "anything goes" mentality these days."
Do you think if this doesn't happen, college sports will lose viewers and revenue? I don't. I see some symbolic stuff but nothing more. Maybe a "racism sucks" campaign or LGBTQ+ awareness day. Too much money and too much support from businesses and fans.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
This is a lot worse than the Kennedy "international incident." But, as KYDawg13 points out, much less than what's going on at Alabama. College sports really needs a commissioner to weed out this "anything goes" mentality these days.
Maybe more like hiring DJ Durkin?

patdog

May 28, 2007
"College sports really needs a commissioner to weed out this "anything goes" mentality these days."
Do you think if this doesn't happen, college sports will lose viewers and revenue? I don't. I see some symbolic stuff but nothing more. Maybe a "racism sucks" campaign or LGBTQ+ awareness day. Too much money and too much support from businesses and fans.
I know I'm past the point of caring at all about any college sports other than Mississippi State and the college football semi-finals and finals. Not watching it and not missing it.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
We knew it was going to happen. But what a blunder to get the deal signed on a Monday morning for the Monday news dump. They should’ve waited and got it done Thursday at 10am to avoid the pr hit.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Now ole miss now has an elf, a womanizer and a wife beater as HC's. *******

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Of course Ole Miss fans are saying “What about Chris Jans?” to justify hiring this woman beater. As if the two situations are comparable. Jans got drunk in a bar, made an arse of himself and patted a woman’s butt. Beard left bruises and bite marks on his fiancée’s body. And we hired Jans seven years after the incident, not three freaking months.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
So what job should Chris Beard be allowed to have?
Something where he isn't shaping the minds of young men. Factory work? Mining? I don't know. There's lots of ways to earn a living that don't influence young men directly. Hiring him to do so minimizes the offense. Young men shouldn't be learning that abusing women is OK.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Of course Ole Miss fans are saying “What about Chris Jans?” to justify hiring this woman beater.
Are they? This happened late Sunday into early Monday and it just took place. Where are you that there are a ton of OM fans who are currently talking about another team's coach?

Reactions: Msdeltareb

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Are they? This happened late Sunday into early Monday and it just took place. Where are you that there are a ton of OM fans who are currently talking about another team's coach?
An ole miss fan tweeted out an old article about Jans getting fired at Bowling Green because of the bar episode and said something like “for the State fans who want to play moral police” or something like that. I assume many other OM fans are doing the same thing but I haven’t conducted a poll.

• Haha
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Does anyone have any knowledge of whether an assault actually happened? I know for a fact living here for over 20 years that in Texas, if the woman sez it, you go to jail despite whether she's lying or not. Evidence of scars or wounds not needed.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Does anyone have any knowledge of whether an assault actually happened? I know for a fact living here for over 20 years that in Texas, if the woman sez it, you go to jail despite whether she's lying or not. Evidence of scars or wounds not needed.
Per the police report, she had bite marks and bruises on her. There's no question something happened. Her story changed to

Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way. It was never my intent to have him arrested or prosecuted. We appreciate everyone’s support and prayers during this difficult time."

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login