So our girls had a comfortable lead on the road at Arkansas

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
But here the third quarter they've hit four or five threes in a row and have not been called for one single foul.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
OK they finally called a foul on them.

I hate when one of our teams has to play in Arkansas. The referees think we're in Kentucky or Tennessee.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That's a good win. Best of the season considering it was on the road.

Would have been a shame to lose it after leading basically the entire game. If they can find a way to get 2 of the next 3, the season is on track for an NCAA bid. Next up, the Webbles.

Saw that 9 players rotated pretty consistently, so I guess we're pretty healthy with the exception of losing Ramani Parker.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
They were very fortunate to win. Arkansas’ leading scorer was out and the perimeter D was nonexistent for most of the game. Arkansas was getting wide open looks from 3 for most of the game. We are not an athletic team.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
They’ve all synced their cycles.

Wild Animals Monkey GIF by PBS

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That ‘she’ was Tamika Catchings, Tennessee great, Olympic champion, and WNBA star who is partially deaf. She does a fine job as an analyst in spite of her handicap.

I had a feeling it was her. It wouldn't be SPS if somebody wasn't bitching about a perfectly serviceable analyst (in this case extremely knowledgeable), calling our game.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm not wrong. They're both having almost the exact same season.

They both:
1. Lost to ACC teams they should have beaten while being ranked #21 (one day apart).

2. Followed that with a head scratching loss to an FCS school (on the same day no less).

3. Threw away their SEC opener with a terrible turnover on a bad decision when they had the chance to take the lead in the closing seconds.

4. Blew a double digit lead in their most their most recent conference game, but managed to gut it out and win despite doing all they could to blow it.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
They were very fortunate to win. Arkansas’ leading scorer was out and the perimeter D was nonexistent for most of the game. Arkansas was getting wide open looks from 3 for most of the game. We are not an athletic team.
Have only watched a couple of games this season, but I agree that they are nowhere near as athletic as the teams under Vic.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I didn't see the game, but Arkansas is certainly going to seem more athletic because they're a three point launching team that starts basically 4 guards. They put up 38 threes and they're going to get open looks because it's what they do.

The tradeoff is, if they're not hitting at a good clip, our bigger team gets lots of rebounds (50) and Carter has a big game.

I did notice that Barnum, who was maybe Arkansas' best player last season, didn't do much in her return.

However it happened, it's a good road win over a quality team who is capable of beating the **** out of you (83-43 over UGA) or laying an egg (home loss to Pine Bluff).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login