Dec 11, 2007
That's like a thousand dollars a yard.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
What will Dominic Lovett pull? Both are in the portal. SEC-only stats:

receptionsyardsyards/receptiontouchdowns
Lovett3956214.411
Thomas2943214.905

Thomas has him on TDs, but he was on a team with 14 passing TDs in SEC play compared to Missouri’s 6. Some may say that Thomas was in an offense that spreads the ball around, so maybe he’ll have better individual numbers with another team.

Interesting stat: We had 8 players with 18+ receptions in SEC games. The second most in the SEC was Alabama with 5. Individually, we didn’t have anyone in the top 13.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Interesting stat: We had 8 players with 18+ receptions in SEC games. The second most in the SEC was Alabama with 5. Individually, we didn’t have anyone in the top 13.
I will say this, and why I can understand a receiver transferring out. We don't need 8 receivers with that many catches. No way our 6th, 7th and 8th receivers are as good as our top 3. We need to get more reps and receptions to our best players.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
They also have a fool on Twitter saying HAHAHA we took your leading receiver the last 2 years. Heath didn’t even have 500 yard receiving last season but yea he was tops at MSU. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I will say this, and why I can understand a receiver transferring out. We don't need 8 receivers with that many catches. No way our 6th, 7th and 8th receivers are as good as our top 3. We need to get more reps and receptions to our best players.
One thing that inflates these numbers is our two RBs being 1 and 3 in receptions. A lot of their receptions are just check-downs. I’m good with spreading the ball to 6 receivers, especially since we start 4. But I can see where a receiver would think they can get more receptions in a different offense. Heath went from 21 receptions in 2021 to 39 in 2022 (SEC games only).

Reactions: patdog

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Heath had 34 catches and missed two games in 2021. It's not like he made a huge jump. Had more yards but fewer TDs

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
RaRa is likely headed to TN or UGA. He'll steal from OM though.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That’s kinda how the offense works. You can’t just key in on any one receiver. Or any one player, not even QB. In order for a guy to be a true star in it, they really need to be a hard worker at the little things, like selling the routes for others.

It’s meant for programs who don’t have regular superstars. We fall in that category.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
That’s kinda how the offense works. You can’t just key in on any one receiver. Or any one player, not even QB. In order for a guy to be a true star in it, they really need to be a hard worker at the little things, like selling the routes for others.

It’s meant for programs who don’t have regular superstars. We fall in that category.
Yeah I’ve read Leach quotes about how he views a balanced offense as all skill players being involved rather than a 50/50 balance on types of plays. So I don’t think Leach is too concerned about have a statistically dominant receiver.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

This is what I was thinking in that our system keeps the defenses honest and not knowing whose gonna get targeted.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’d really be curious to know what the going NIL rate is for a starting SEC player really is. Broken down by position and tier of program as well.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I’d really be curious to know what the going NIL rate is for a starting SEC player really is. Broken down by position and tier of program as well.
well. we know the going rate for the SEC newcomer of the year is $500 K

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah I’ve read Leach quotes about how he views a balanced offense as all skill players being involved rather than a 50/50 balance on types of plays. So I don’t think Leach is too concerned about have a statistically dominant receiver.
I'm not talking about spreading the ball around. I'm talking about putting your best players on the field for more plays and playing the backups less. If you sit your best receiver and then throw the ball to his backup, that's not spreading the ball around. You're still throwing to the same position. Just not to the best player at that position.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If Ole Miss is paying him that it's not for his talent. It's because he is transferring from Miss State. They are obsessed with us and want to use it to say, "look here he likes us better" and possibly use him in recruiting. They do a lot of crazy stupid stuff trying to keep up but when they lose the Egg Bowl, they take it to a whole new level from the hip without thinking. Then they want you to think the Egg Bowl really isn't that important to them. That's what makes it so Asinine. They have some really big dumb asses.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
If Ole Miss is paying him that it's not for his talent. It's because he is transferring from Miss State. They are obsessed with us and want to use it to say, "look here he likes us better" and possibly use him in recruiting. They do a lot of crazy stupid stuff trying to keep up but when they lose the Egg Bowl, they take it to a whole new level from the hip without thinking. Then they want you to think the Egg Bowl really isn't that important to them. That's what makes it so Asinine. They have some really big dumb asses.
world of warcraft legion GIF

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah. I’m pretty sure these numbers were seeing thrown around are inflated.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

Agree.

Rule #1 in coaching any sport: get the ball into the hands of your best players so they can make plays.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
This is the truth. There might have been a hint of that when we first started beating them again after Vaught hung it up, but it didn't really start till Jackie arrived. When Mullen beat them three straight it went off the charts and has't stopped.

DecadeReb2

Jul 2, 2021
This does not answer your question, but on the ole Miss board it’s being said that prices across the board for players have doubled since last year.

Reactions: onewoof

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I don’t think Leach is too concerned about have a statistically dominant receiver.

If Leach has a dominant receiver he will get them the ball

Crabtree had 231 catches 3127 yds and 41 TDs in 2 seasons at TX Tech

Wes Welker's best season was 97 catches 1099 yds and 27 TDs

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If Leach has a dominant receiver he will get them the ball

Crabtree had 231 catches 3127 yds and 41 TDs in 2 seasons at TX Tech

Wes Welker's best season was 97 catches 1099 yds and 27 TDs
Wes Welker had 27 touchdowns in a season?

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I’d just like to know where our money is being spent, that’s my main gripe with the BI. No transparency. Just a confirmation that they got your money and an invitation to up the ante. Perhaps the five and six figure types get more transparency than the lil rooty poots like myself.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login