So that's 4 10-run rule losses in 11 games,

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
11.5. That’s the over/under for the inaugural SEC run rule record that we will set this year. We’re going in the record book boys!

Reactions: dgsmith15

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
not counting the 10+ run loss in 9 innings. I think we may set an early SEC record that will stand for a long time.
That’s a 17-ing pathetic record for any baseball team to have but especially State.
I think we have to clean house and start over and that’s another pathetic situation for a team that just won the Natl Championship.
We can’t afford another sh|tty year in ‘24.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Wasn’t there a poll a while back, run rule losses vs wins? And run rule unanimously won out? Sadly appears we were all right

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Heck, didn't even know we were playing yet. Wish I still didn't but looking at the box score it just amazes me that again we give up 11 runs but on only 8 hits. But then I see we had 12 walks, an error, and 3 wild pitches and a hit batter. Doesn't take a lot of hits to score when you just give charity like that. Not that it would have mattered given we only mustered 3 hits anyway. Apparently if we win it is absolutely necessary we implode the next game.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Lemonis had good years with someone else's players and a great year largely with someone else's players and a team that got hot at the right time so he has a Natty. But, last year and so far this year isn't encouraging. Ole Miss is having an atypical bad season, but Bianco has a Natty and years of good teams playing in a league that values baseball.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Any current students on this board? We need somebody to get Highfill liquored up and ask him what does Foxhall really say to these pitchers on the mound during his little conferences? They walk a guy, hit a guy, single scores one, then another walk, and here comes Fox out to chat. And then we immediately walk the next one. I'd wager that 60% of the time when we bring a reliever into a jam, he walks the first guy he sees. Whatever the heck Fox is doing or saying, it's not working in the slightest. They kept showing the stat that we average 6+ walks per game, and we're almost dead last in all of college baseball...just completely and utterly inexcusable.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Lemonis had good years with someone else's players and a great year largely with someone else's players and a team that got hot at the right time so he has a Natty. But, last year and so far this year isn't encouraging. Ole Miss is having an atypical bad season, but Bianco has a Natty and years of good teams playing in a league that values baseball.
The price we paid for our Nattys evidently. That’s what I’m going with…

dawgphd

May 16, 2008
To add insult to injury, not counting in the 4 is a 9 run loss at KY and a 13 run 9 inning loss to Vandy.

Reactions: patdog

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Sad part is when a coaching staff becomes sure they won't be back the next year they start job hunting and things usually get worse from there.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
I think I know what the problem is. I see the pitchers looking at their watches all of the time. If their watches are like mine it’s always saying “It’s time for a walk.” Maybe theirs is doing the same thing?
Could be the players are like the rest of today's woke college kids, and believe that throwing strikes is transphobic

Last edited:

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Why is Lemonis still our coach? Who the F is calling the shots in the athletic department. The guy should have been gone a month ago.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why is Lemonis still our coach? Who the F is calling the shots in the athletic department. The guy should have been gone a month ago.
What good would it do to fire him early in the season. Either he should have been gone 10 months ago or you let him coach until late in this season.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Is it better, long term, to be complacent with continually getting 10 run ruled every weekend or to cut ties with the coach that has allowed it to happen?

Reactions: Dawg1976

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
not counting the 10+ run loss in 9 innings. I think we may set an early SEC record that will stand for a long time.
I would post about it, but I'm not paying attention anymore. As much as I loved Mississippi State baseball, I never thought I would get to this point, but I won't bore you with that

Puppychow

Nov 5, 2014
Had you asked me would I trade a natty for two horrible years, I’d say yes. But this could stay ugly for a while.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Same. But we have likely traded it for at least 4 bad years.
Yeah. If it was just 2 bad years, I’d probably make that deal. But it’s probably gonna take a couple more years for the new coach to dig us out of this hole.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Sad part is when a coaching staff becomes sure they won't be back the next year they start job hunting and things usually get worse from there.
young frankenstein igor GIF

"Could be raining."

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login