So we may or may not have a Croomy offense depending on the day, and our DBs suck. Is that the synopsis?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Also - we also have that fat and slow look, like we did in the Croom and Slophead Errors.

Question is, how and can we fix this?

My personal opinion is that if we really the fat and slow look going on, there's nothing we can do but just point and laugh, and hope we suck, so we can end it all this year. But if that's not true.....

- Do we go 4 wide with no TE? Our TEs absolutely suck. Maybe Spivey is the answer, but the dead ones took care of that. We have good WRs.
- Do we play some freshmen like we did back in like 2015? I remember us going to like Bryant, Peters, Smitherman, etc. and our secondary got better. I believe that was the case in 2009 too, we brought in Banks and all them and suddenly got more competitive. Do we have freshmen that can play?

But again this may all be coaching, but hard for me to believe that since we know Arnett can coach defense. The angles Morant was taking Saturday were horrific. Looked worse than Derek Abney juking our punt team in 2003. And we have played two pretty damn good quarterbacks. Maybe there's hope?

I know Bama will whip us as usual. But I really hope we can do something with Milroe. We know he's going to run and he's not the best drop back guy. So contain him and make him throw it, it's really that obvious. We all know it's coming - so while many think we won't learn much this week - I actually think we will. We should not get blown out at home by this Bama team if we are any good at all.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
We just need to fix the defense. The hope is Arnett has had enough and takes the reins away from Brock this week.
Offense has been a work in process since 2018. Saturday was somewhat promising from an explosive play standpoint. We hit some big plays which is something we haven’t done since Mullen left.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"So contain him and make him throw it, it's really that obvious."

LOL Goat with our defensive backfield are you sure about this ?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
"So contain him and make him throw it, it's really that obvious."

LOL Goat with our defensive backfield are you sure about this ?
I'm not saying he won't complete the passes. But you have to do that at least, and if we don't, I think we can probably give up on the staff. If we blitz up the middle, and he just takes off around the edge, he will rush for 300 yards.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I'm not saying he won't complete the passes. But you have to do that at least, and if we don't, I think we can probably give up on the staff. If we blitz up the middle, and he just takes off around the edge, he will rush for 300 yards.
Do we have a defensive player capable of "spying" on him and at least somewhat containing him ?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
But I really hope we can do something with Milroe. We know he's going to run and he's not the best drop back guy. So contain him and make him throw it, it's really that obvious.
We didn't really contain AZ QB (46 yds), LSU QB (81 yds), or SC (67 yds) what makes you think we will this weekend?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We didn't really contain AZ QB (46 yds), LSU QB (81 yds), or SC (67 yds) what makes you think we will this weekend?
Those guys throw much better than Milroe. Plus, surely we've now had enough practice against the dual threat guys. Stop the run - it's task number one.

And @thatsbaseball, I'm not being paid millions to figure it out.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Our entire defense sucks horribly. Not just the DB’s. We get no pass rush at all without blitzing….and our ends / LB’s are too slow to get there even when we do blitz. Our DT’s get no push in disrupting the running game and our LB’s are too slow to set edges and stop the run also. Entire side of the ball is garbage.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Our entire defense sucks horribly. Not just the DB’s. We get no pass rush at all without blitzing….and our ends / LB’s are too slow to get there even when we do blitz. Our DT’s get no push in disrupting the running game and our LB’s are too slow to set edges and stop the run also. Entire side of the ball is garbage.
Yes the defense sucking this bad as a whole is very disappointing. I thought we would be better given our head coach likes defense. I think part of it is not recruiting worth a damn on defense for 3-4 years. We haven't been getting those athletes on defense like we did under Dan.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
What is amazing is that for the last couple years everybody has been jerking off about what great defenses we have had and how they are carrying the team. Thank God for Arnett's defense saving us every game....haha. Now they suck and it's almost the same dudes other than Forbes. We don't have any answer for replacing him.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
What is amazing is that for the last couple years everybody has been jerking off about what great defenses we have had and how they are carrying the team. Thank God for Arnett's defense saving us every game....haha. Now they suck and it's almost the same dudes other than Forbes. We don't have any answer for replacing him.
And Cam Young (NFL) and Tyrus Wheat (practice squad). Huge losses.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login