So what’s Barbay thinkin’?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I’m taking what the defense gives me…

or

I don’t have much trust in Will…

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Probly no trust in Will. I think he is 7 of 9 for 2 touchdowns. I wouldn't trust him. The more we run and don't score the more Will gets blamed. I guess he is the one giving up 9 yards to every pass in the flat on first down too

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
It’s too soon to make any concrete judgements but early returns on this offense are not good. And it’s not entirely execution. The play calling leaves a lot to be desired and there is not much creativity. Line up in the pistol and turn around and hand it off.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I know this isn't true but it looks like they are trying to freeze Will out so they can move on with the mobile QB1 plan.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Well we really need to get back to the run. I mean we have wasted 13 plays by passing. And yeah. Arizona has that genius play where the running back goes out in the flat and they toss it 4 yards to him and we let him run 5 more before we cover him. I mean look at that awesome 3rd down run. Good thing we have 2 OL coaches. They are doing great work

• Haha
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
The talking head is right. Will has an arm, why force the run?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
How are we not putting 14 in on these third and shorts? It's like we're intentionally trying to not show wrinkles and we're gonna 17 around and lose because of it.

will has absolutely sucked tonight.

• Sad

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Our coaches are absolutely getting schooled right now. AZ has made great adjustments on both sides of the ball.
Absolutely, they picked up our blitzes and found the open receivers. Burned our CB a couple of times. What about Jett Johnson? 2 ints and 11 tackles.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Well we really need to get back to the run. I mean we have wasted 13 plays by passing. And yeah. Arizona has that genius play where the running back goes out in the flat and they toss it 4 yards to him and we let him run 5 more before we cover him. I mean look at that awesome 3rd down run. Good thing we have 2 OL coaches. They are doing great work
And their QB got a lot of yards per pass after the ball was caught. He isn't that good.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
No, he was brought here to shape the offense around the players he has. You know, he’s got that novel approach to putting his offense together, much better than the previous…. Haha…. He fooled a lot of people with that coachspeak…

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Cutesy BS? It has zero window dressing. Seems like a jr high offense. The play calling is bad.
They have running all over the place on damn near every play. The run plays develop too slowly, they have guys running 20 yards before they even touch the ball. This offense sucks and having a dumb dumb bruiser for QB isn’t going to make it good.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
"I don’t have much trust in Will…"

I thought Barbay called the whole game with this on his mine.
If true then Barbay is an idiot because Will can produce yards and points without having to slam his head into linebackers and safeties.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
What exactly is cutesy BS in this offense? All we do is hand the ball off.
After running guys all over the field. Doing RPO with either a QB who can’t run, or a QB who can’t pass, that’s not fooling anyone. If he can’t produce better results with these players then he isn’t worth his salt.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The best way to utilize our most restricted players is thru the passing game. It doesn't bother me a bit if Will throws Tulu, Zavion or Creed a 5 yard bubble screen or a 25 yard pass. Those guys can take it to the house anytime they touch it

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I only got frustrated when PA clearly worked several times in the 2nd half and we somehow refused to use it the rest of the game. We hit the massive chunk play to Tulu and ran 3 straight times.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
After running guys all over the field. Doing RPO with either a QB who can’t run, or a QB who can’t pass, that’s not fooling anyone. If he can’t produce better results with these players then he isn’t worth his salt.
That one with the throwing QB who can’t run at RB and the running QB who apparently can’t throw at QB had me scratching my head. Especially when they faked the handoff to the non-running throwing QB. Don’t know if he was a real option to get a handoff and run but that was absolutely worthless. Not sure what they were trying to set up with it but looked like something we’d have come up with a recess in 3rd grade.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He's obviously just smarter than everybody. He knew Saturday was a trap 'down' game between the opener and LSU, so they just wanted to run over Arizona and do as little as necessary to get the W.

I really hope I can go back and edit those sarcasterisks out 5 days from now

• Haha
Reactions: Marler and mcdawg22

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
He's obviously just smarter than everybody. He knew Saturday was a trap 'down' game between the opener and LSU, so they just wanted to run over Arizona and do as little as necessary to get the W.

I really hope I can go back and edit those sarcasterisks out 5 days from now
Me too!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
They have running all over the place on damn near every play. The run plays develop too slowly, they have guys running 20 yards before they even touch the ball. This offense sucks and having a dumb dumb bruiser for QB isn’t going to make it good.
So having guys in motion is cutesy BS? I would call our offense anything but cutesy. Im a little concerned the OC thinks we can line up and run the ball down peoples throat. Hell my biggest problem is the offense lacks any creativity. And the play calling matches that lack of creativity.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I only got frustrated when PA clearly worked several times in the 2nd half and we somehow refused to use it the rest of the game. We hit the massive chunk play to Tulu and ran 3 straight times.
Exactly… hell I assumed the heavy run was to set up some successful chunk plays off the play action, which it did at least 1. But then we left that. It was just a stupid game plan that I hope is not repeated. Hopefully arnett and the OC learned that we don’t have the RB or OL talent to line up and beat Arizona with just basic runs. And if we can’t do it against Arizona, we won’t be able to do it against anyone in the SEC.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
So having guys in motion is cutesy BS? I would call our offense anything but cutesy. Im a little concerned the OC thinks we can line up and run the ball down peoples throat. Hell my biggest problem is the offense lacks any creativity. And the play calling matches that lack of creativity.
It’s cutesy because they like to snap the ball right when the guy in motion is crossing the center. It’s just a matter of time before one of those crossers causes a disastrous turnover, especially when the guards are getting their azz whipped.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010

So what’s Barbay thinkin’?​

Unfortunately another run in an 8 man box.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login