So, what was coach Leach favorite bourbon?

skip dog

Nov 15, 2005
I’ve loved reading all the stories on him, and he loved life, people, and a drink……so, I gotta know his go to bourbon

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’ve loved reading all the stories on him, and he loved life, people, and a drink……so, I gotta know his go to bourbon
I know he drank Crown, but don’t know if it was his go to.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He loved Makers Mark and when asked about bring Mormon he said yes he was but he never said he was perfect. I doubt he was very picky about his bourbon. He wasn't trying to impress anyone with how much he paid for a bottle of hooch

Nov 14, 2015
I feel like I read somewhere he had someone stay over at his house and all they saw was Jack Daniels. But who knows.

GomJabbar

Dec 6, 2022
Per the article ^^ above (in case you get paywalled) :

"This was the coach’s favorite haunt in his favorite town, a place he fled to often, when he would get worn down by the grind of college football and tired of debating and just needed to disappear. He could jump on his bicycle and ride from his cozy bungalow to his bar stool at Captain Tony’s in three minutes flat. He would sit among the signed bras draped over a pipe, the dollar bills stapled to the wall, downing Crown Apple until closing time. Sometimes he would mix it up by ordering nothing but tequila. When he was feeling aristocratic, as the man who forever changed the way football teams play offense, he would spend all night drinking Brandy Alexanders."

CroomDawg

Mar 30, 2019
I feel like I read somewhere he had someone stay over at his house and all they saw was Jack Daniels. But who knows.
Sorta kinda related but a friend of mine worked for Hal Mumme at Belhaven and he said if you showed up to the interview with a fifth of Maker’s you’re all but guaranteed the job lol

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
he was Morman.
He was what we called a Terrestrial Mormon.****** I believe his two kids work in the BYU athletic department or at least did and usually to hold any position in that area you have to be in good standings in the Church. HIs wife went to BYU as well. She might have lived by the Word of Wisdom. I don't know. Up until 1950 you could drink alcohol and smoke and still be in good standings. The Word of Wisdom was just a suggestion not a requirement.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
He got HAMMERED with me drinking Maker’s. I had bought a bottle of Blanton’s for him there me him and Vic were gonna share at Christmas in Starkville. Now it’s just me and Vic. But we will toast him.

Reactions: knock him out john

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
Taken from the internet. (So it has to be fact!**)

"Is Jack Daniel's Bourbon? Yes. And no. Jack Daniel's chooses not to call itself bourbon, but the historic brand applies for federal label approval under the class of bourbon and Tennessee whiskey is listed as straight bourbon in the North American Free Trade Agreement."

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login