So, which G5 team gets the playoff spot?

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
A great start to the G5 race for the playoff spot. Frankly, this is just as exciting (more?) to me than the P4 teams.

Liberty and Boise State were the favorites coming into the season, and remain in the race. UNLV is my personal favorite and they are looking really good so far with 2 wins vs P4 teams (albeit Kansas and Houston). However, James Madison is also crushing it, including running up 70 points vs UNC.

And how about Army and Navy? Would be really cool to see one of them beat ND and make it in. They could play twice in a row if they both make the conf champ game. The Army-Navy game is a non-con game.

BeerLion

Oct 12, 2021
Maybe Bowling Green, their losses are to 25 Texas A&M 20-26 Kept it tight the entire game and Obviously the lost to us and gave us more than we wanted. It they run the table in the MAC and win the conference, I think they should be considered. I like the JMU call out too.

Tri-Power65

Sep 3, 2022
Maybe Bowling Green, their losses are to 25 Texas A&M 20-26 Kept it tight the entire game and Obviously the lost to us and gave us more than we wanted. It they run the table in the MAC and win the conference, I think they should be considered. I like the JMU call out too.
Bowling Green (1-3) lost to Old Dominion last week so there's that...

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I thiink they should get the best 70 players from all the G5 teams and create one super team, and the #5 P5 team can play them. There would be enough for three deep at each position on both offense and defense. Add in four special teams guys.

• Love
Reactions: Grant Green

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
yeah, not at 1-3. I think there is a good shot that a G5 teams goes undefeated. Even a team with 1 loss is getting in over BG.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
A great start to the G5 race for the playoff spot. Frankly, this is just as exciting (more?) to me than the P4 teams.

Liberty and Boise State were the favorites coming into the season, and remain in the race. UNLV is my personal favorite and they are looking really good so far with 2 wins vs P4 teams (albeit Kansas and Houston). However, James Madison is also crushing it, including running up 70 points vs UNC.

And how about Army and Navy? Would be really cool to see one of them beat ND and make it in. They could play twice in a row if they both make the conf champ game. The Army-Navy game is a non-con game.
Looking at their schedule, I'd have to say there's a very good chance it's JMU, even though they play in 1/4 of a stadium. šŸ¤£

Screenshot_20241001_142503_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Grant Green
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login