So which of y'all are the industry insiders here?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
There is an increasing belief among industry insiders that one way or another, Ben Howland will not be back at Mississippi State next season.@SethDavisHoops and @_Brian_Hamilton preview the coaching carousel.https://t.co/ZiDLrI8nvU pic.twitter.com/eeYU7W7X9U— The Athletic CBB (@TheAthleticCBB) February 25, 2022

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Since a bunch of folks like Sean Miller and he's mentioned in the article, here's what's mentioned about him in the article:

Sean Miller, former head coach. Miller has made clear he wants to coach again, and as soon as possible. The question is whether any school will touch him before Arizona’s interminable NCAA infractions case gets resolved. The uncertainty doesn’t help, but is it really that big of a risk? None of the violations listed in the NCAA’s Notice of Allegations to Arizona were tied directly to Miller. The allegation he is facing is head coach control, the same infraction that led the NCAA to suspend Bruce Pearl for two games. Miller could get served more games than that, but once that’s done, he finally can turn the page. He has won 73 percent of his games, so it’s not inconceivable that a school will consider him worth pursuing. If he doesn’t land a gig this spring, Miller will be at the top of a lot of candidate lists a year from now.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I wish I could remember who's been saying this for a couple months. That guy is hung like a horse.

GulfportDawg

Sep 3, 2017
Steve shut that one down. Apparently a few schools have been looking into him, and there’s belief he’ll get a show cause. And it seems State isn’t interested in getting involved with that. We seem to be locked in on up-and-comers.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I’m so tired of us taking the high road and not wanting to get involved with anything shady when that’s what wins in college sports, especially basketball. Bruce Pearl was under a show cause when Auburn hired him and then got suspended two games this year. You think they care? He took them to a Final Four and will most likely win the SEC championship this season and get a 1 seed. Meanwhile, we would rather hire a squeaky clean up and comer instead of a guy who was even more successful than Pearl was when Auburn hired him because he might get a suspension one of these days.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m fine with getting dirty too but Sean Miller is Ben Howland 2.0. Boring offense and just tries to out-talent you to win.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Depends on the industry.

Adult Film industry? I guess I'm an insider. I've got more screen credits than Sam Jackson.*

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
I hope we call Grant McCasland and see what he has to say. He's young and won everywhere he's been thus far, including at UNT with a bunch of juco guys. He's going to be picked up by a big conference school soon.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
McCasland was also mentioned in that article. Here’s what was said about him:

Grant McCasland, head coach, North Texas.McCasland, 45, made waves last year when his Mean Green upset Purdue in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. North Texas is even better this season. The Mean Green are in first place atop Conference USA with a 13-1 record (20-4 overall) and could get an at-large bid even if they don’t win the conference tournament. McCasland played for Baylor from 1995-99 and spent five years as an assistant under Scott Drew, so he has an excellent pedigree.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login