Soccer playing Mizzou at 6:30 pm Central

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Game will be on SEC Network+.

This will be the last game before the NCAA selection committee releases their initial top 16 on Thursday.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
So she should take a 5th next game to get it over with?
Honestly, I would have rather she got it tonight and had to sit against Ole Miss on Friday. Our next games after that are UK, Texas A&M, and maybe South Carolina, then the SEC tournament and NCAA Tournament. None of those are games where I would feel good about her sitting out.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Honestly, I would have rather she got it tonight and had to sit against Ole Miss on Friday. Our next games after that are UK, Texas A&M, and maybe South Carolina, then the SEC tournament and NCAA Tournament. None of those are games where I would feel good about her sitting out.
Yeah. I thought about that too. Just take an intentional one & get it over with. Do they reset for postseason play? Also, I doubt they make up the Carolina game. If they were going to, next weekend was really the only time to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It’s like being in a pressure cooker for opponents. And incredibly good with the ball at their feet. And so much speed, depth & experience. This team is legitimately very good.
What’s really impressive to me is the precision passing across the midfield. I almost never worry when they’re passing through traffic that the pass is going to find the player it’s supposed to.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Yeah. I thought about that too. Just take an intentional one & get it over with. Do they reset for postseason play?
Well, I only halfаss read it earlier. I saw “carry over” and assumed it meant to count towards 5, but I was wrong. The 4 carry over to the postseason, but if you have 4 or less when postseason starts, you have to get to 8 before a suspension is served, so as long as she gets no more until the conference tournament, she gets 4 more before suspension.

Obviously, if the 5th happens during the regular season games, she has to sit the next regular game and if it happens during the last regular game of the season, I believe she would miss the first game of the SEC tournament. Then the next suspension would still be at 8 yellows.

Reactions: patdog

Austinmsu5

Dec 18, 2023
4th on the season. Kind of concerning actually. No way she makes it out of the season without getting a 5th.
Getting yellows is not concerning. The way she plays only having 4 is pretty good.

nvm saw the rest of the convo. But she’ll play smart the rest of the way most likely.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Missouri's RPI is so bad that our RPI rank went down from 2 to 4 after beating them 5-0. We're behind UNC (who lost), Duke, Arkansas (who we beat), and right before Wake Forest (who beat us).

We're sitting at #3 in Top Drawer, up from #4 last week. We're behind Duke and Wake Forest.

United Soccer Coaches poll comes out tomorrow and the Selection Committee's initial top 16 (which is really the only one that matters) comes out Thursday.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Missouri's RPI is so bad that our RPI rank went down from 2 to 4 after beating them 5-0. We're behind UNC (who lost), Duke, Arkansas (who we beat), and right before Wake Forest (who beat us).

We're sitting at #3 in Top Drawer, up from #4 last week. We're behind Duke and Wake Forest.

United Soccer Coaches poll comes out tomorrow and the Selection Committee's initial top 16 (which is really the only one that matters) comes out Thursday.
Wait'll you see what Mississippi will do to our RPI. At least that will be a road win.

I think the bottom line is either MSU or Arkansas (but not both) will probably get a top 4 national seed, assuming both don't pick up a couple of unexpected losses. Other 3 top 4 seeds will be ACC schools. So pretty much will have to win the SEC tournament to get a top 4 seed, unless Arkansas gets upset somewhere along the line.

Reactions: Dawgg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

Standard MSU fare, I expect the seeding to be we have to play at Stanford opening weekend, and to settle this Kirby Smart stuff, 3 of our starters will be suspended (yes, I know).

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Wait'll you see what Mississippi will do to our RPI. At least that will be a road win.

I think the bottom line is either MSU or Arkansas (but not both) will probably get a top 4 national seed, assuming both don't pick up a couple of unexpected losses. Other 3 top 4 seeds will be ACC schools. So pretty much will have to win the SEC tournament to get a top 4 seed, unless Arkansas gets upset somewhere along the line.
I think you're right. It will be some 3 team combo of UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, or Stanford, then either Arkansas or Mississippi State. I think if we both get a bad loss in the meantime, they might make it all ACC top 4 or throw one of the Big Ten teams in there. The only other one I could see sneaking in is Auburn if Auburn, Arkansas, and Mississippi State win out in the regular season and Auburn enters the SEC tournament as the 3 seed, then wins the SEC tournament after beating Arkansas and Mississippi State in the semis and finals.

Ole Miss's RPI is 178. Mizzou's is 108. Yikes.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login