Soccer Post: Reports say Arsenal are targeting USMNT GK Matt Turner

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Would be an interesting addition. He's been great at times for the US National Team but not sure he'd beat out Ramsdale for No. 1. In which case, it's probably not necessarily great for his development if he's not playing every week.

Kinda feel the same way about Steffen at Man City. It's nice he's a big club but I think he (and the USMNT, by extension) would be better off playing week in and week out.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
He'd be the goalkeeper for the FA & League cups spelling Ramsdale there most likely.

I think he'd be better playing more often too.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Damn. Just what we need. Both goalkeepers sitting on the bench in England. I really hope this doesn’t happen.

Sounder68

Jun 22, 2013
Would love to see him at Arsenal, but I don't see him or anyone taking the job from Ramsdale anytime soon. That guy has been solid.

BTW, for you Arsenal fans, do you listen to The Tuesday Club podcast hosted by (British comedian) Alan Davies? If not, I highly recommend. It's hilarious and full of hot takes and funny stories from pre- and post-match events.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
He'd be the goalkeeper for the FA & League cups spelling Ramsdale there most likely.

I think he'd be better playing more often too.

I think you're right. And obviously the issue is that if he's the GK for the FA and League cups, that means he's likely not playing again (bar injury to Ramsdale) until next season. Because we're out of the FA Cup and play in the semis of the League Cup today.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And my Liverpool Reds are up 2-0 in the 93rd minute. So barring a Leicester style collapse, Arsenal is out of the League Cup too.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login