Softball has lost 8 SEC games in a row and is barely scoring a run a game

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
Since sweeping South Carolina they have been swept by @#9 UGA, #11 UPIG, @#21 T A&M.

on to
#14 BAMA
@#12 LSU
#16 Kentucky

It doesn't let up in SEC but the schedule certainly does them no favors, would be nice to have a breather against Ole Miss, or Mizzou.

being last in league in fielding and leading the lead in errors by 16 does not help their cause.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
They've got three hitters, marginal pitching, and terrible defense. They're not good. We don't recruit well enough but the FR we have look pretty solid and we've got a couple good ones coming next year. I think we're the worst team in the SEC this season. Sorry, we don't play OM to find out. SC isn't good either.
We have had a few injuries here and there too.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Well, we made a Super Regional in softball last year. Relatively speaking, that's probably the softball equivalent of winning our baseball NC. Likely won't happen again anytime soon.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They've got three hitters, marginal pitching, and terrible defense. They're not good. We don't recruit well enough but the FR we have look pretty solid and we've got a couple good ones coming next year. I think we're the worst team in the SEC this season. Sorry, we don't play OM to find out. SC isn't good either.
We have had a few injuries here and there too.w
You have to have solid pitching and I think we have been lacking there. We do have a couple of good hitters but it looks like we're just not a very deep team this year. You really need a stable of talented pitchers. It seems every SEC team can knock the cover off the ball.

I has to be difficult for them to recruit since we are have to recruit and play against the other teams in the SEC that are have almost always been extremely strong.

And that's just the SEC. There are badass teams in other leagues like Oklahoma and UCLA.

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
Since sweeping South Carolina they have been swept by @#9 UGA, #11 UPIG, @#21 T A&M.

on to
#14 BAMA
@#12 LSU
#16 Kentucky

It doesn't let up in SEC but the schedule certainly does them no favors, would be nice to have a breather against Ole Miss, or Mizzou.

being last in league in fielding and leading the lead in errors by 16 does not help their cause.
With Oklahoma coming into the league also in 2 years. Yikes

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
We have had a few injuries here and there too.
We have a really good coach, and we'll be lucky if she stays with us. Yes, it's tough to recruit to MSU in this sport, but I think patience is in order here. I also think it's just a bad year and that we'll get better. Just my opinion but one I happen to agree with.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We have a really good coach, and we'll be lucky if she stays with us. Yes, it's tough to recruit to MSU in this sport, but I think patience is in order here. I also think it's just a bad year and that we'll get better. Just my opinion but one I happen to agree with.
Oh, I like the coaches. I think we need to get some portal kids. MS has almost no P5 talent. Is what it is. We're just now getting facilities up to par too.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
They get 12 full scholarships for a 25 player roster. Baseball gets 11.7 scholarships for a 40+ player roster.
TITLE 9 MATH

Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Was really pulling for them to have a long season
I had high hopes for this team. At one point the pitching staff was leading the country in ERA. Then we played Oklahoma and our bats went silent. We struggled to beat USC but we did and then we gave up. We struggle catching and like the baseball team we can't throw out a player stealing 2nd. We walk batters and drop balls in the infield that should be easy outs or double plays. Let's hope they figure it out or we will be home during the tournament.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We had a play last week where there were two on and one out and ball is ripped to 3B. She goes home to cut down the runner and the catcher thinks it's a force play. Inning then blows up on us. We struggle at all but two spots on the IF. Kennedy and Graf are the best two and even they have had their issues here and there. Haven't seen our other FR pitcher in awhile (Josey). Assume she must be hurt. Hawk has struggled big. Aspen and Faapito have been decent. Beuerlien has been good OOC but SEC is getting her. Cook, Graf, Brownlee, and Malau'alu are about it hitting wise. Cook is having a great season. Graf is a FR.
Portal, portal, portal!!! Should be our motto.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
How many opinions of yours do you not agree with?

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchdawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
After watching ou softball against us snd a few other of their games. Top tier softball is on another level compared to what we are putting out.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We're young.
Nah, we played two FR today and brought in a FR pitcher for relief. We just suck. Lots of SRs starting (but Covid years).
We had 15 years of Mia to recruit a catcher and we don't have a damn soul to catch.

Last edited:

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
You have to have solid pitching and I think we have been lacking there. We do have a couple of good hitters but it looks like we're just not a very deep team this year. You really need a stable of talented pitchers. It seems every SEC team can knock the cover off the ball.

I has to be difficult for them to recruit since we are have to recruit and play against the other teams in the SEC that are have almost always been extremely strong.

And that's just the SEC. There are badass teams in other leagues like Oklahoma and UCLA.
Good Lord this makes no sense… if this is your reasoning… why even play the damn games?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login