Softball regional setup

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
So the emails have gone out from the ticket office. (This was yesterday, I’m surprised not to see a thread on it.) They filled requests for grandstand seating, and everyone else who requested has the option to buy Standing Room tickets or be refunded.
I think they’ve done a great job of planning to accommodate the demand, especially on such short notice. According to Robbie Faulk, they’re bringing in platforms to “extend” the party deck in right field. These will be elevated so you can see over the folks on the deck. They’ve also closed the parking lot, that will be available for standing room. It won’t have a view of the field, of course, but they’re bringing in multiple 20 ft screens to show the game. Bringing in additional restrooms as well as concessions/food trucks and beer vendors. Lawn chairs will be allowed in the parking lot area.
Looking at responses on Genespage, my guess is they’re going to have a TON of SRO tickets returned and there will be plenty available.
According to the hailstate website, coolers up to 10x10x10” are allowed (same size as baseball). If folks show up, it could be an awesome party atmosphere.

http://hailstate.com/SBSupers

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
3 day passes are going for close to $150 online (SRO). I don't think there's going to be many empty spots.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
People can ask whatever they want on StubHub. I’m saying when everything shakes out, my guess is you’ll have an opportunity to buy passes at face value for SRO.
Now reserved seats, those are going to be hard to come by. There’s only around 1,000 of those, and I assume many are held for players’ families and the visiting team.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I can say with great confidence, SRO will be at capacity. If you want a pass, you'll pay for it. And it won't be face value unless it's from someone you know etc. The demand has been insane!
Now the parking area will hold a lot over over flow, and maybe there's some back and forth there (always seems to be at most things).

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
It will be slammed on Saturday and if it goes to Sunday. Curious to see what the Friday crowd is like for an 11 am game.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Softball is the beneficiary of the pent-up excitement of a fanbase that has endured a year's worth of disappointment and frustration and needs a release. This could not have come at a better time as everybody was waiting to unload on baseball and that just stumbled to an early and inglorious end.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Anybody heard anything officially about using the big screen at the Dude for overflow? Saw something on State FB group page.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Check your emails if you ordered grandstand tickets but didn't make the cut. I found out Tuesday morning via email that I didn't make the cut but I just got a notification that I was charged for SRO tickets and had SRO tickets sent to me when I didn't order SRO tickets and do not want SRO tickets.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
View attachment 24493
i can't believe people are paying for this SRO. You can't even see the game except a small area of the outfield.

They’ll have multiple 20ft screens set up. That’s the area where you can bring chairs to. You can also bring coolers. It’s a way to be there and experience it- and the only way to accommodate the huge demand for tickets. Obviously lots of people who bought tickets- like mjoelner- will not want that, return them, and open them up for people who do want them.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
They’ll have multiple 20ft screens set up. That’s the area where you can bring chairs to. You can also bring coolers. It’s a way to be there and experience it- and the only way to accommodate the huge demand for tickets. Obviously lots of people who bought tickets- like mjoelner- will not want that, return them, and open them up for people who do want them.

Not many want to watch a big screen in a hot parking lot. I wouldn't pay for that ****. Going to be a lot of pissed off people when they can't even watch the game. I got a couple tickets for the stands but had to get them from a player. I know people that purchased SRO before they knew they wouldn't even be able to see the field. Expecting people to stand behind the damn facility is terrible too.

Last edited:

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Not many want to watch a big screen in a hot parking lot. I wouldn't pay for that ****. Going to be a lot of pissed off people when they can't even watch the game. I got a couple tickets for the stands but had to get them from a player. I know people that purchased SRO before they knew they wouldn't even be able to see the field. Expecting people to stand behind the damn facility is terrible too.

The alternative is watching from home. Obviously it’s not ideal. But we can’t build a 5,000 seat stadium by this weekend. So you can moan and whine about it if you want, I’m going to give the school props for trying to accommodate as many people as possible.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
The alternative is watching from home. Obviously it’s not ideal. But we can’t build a 5,000 seat stadium by this weekend. So you can moan and whine about it if you want, I’m going to give the school props for trying to accommodate as many people as possible.

Oh, I gave them props. But don't sell tickets to people without them knowing they can't get in. Be upfront about it. We shouldn't be concerned with a record crowd. We should care more about getting people in to see it. The rest should be damn free. Hell, we haven't charged ever, so that shouldn't be a problem for a parking lot.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login